Going Under ?

hippo

Crap way to end Tony's reign but if insolvency happens then we will find a buyer quickly - could be interesting times. My money is on Larry Ellison - he was once seen at a baseball game with someone that looked like that white haired fella who used to own us. 

Edit - this would probably be administration though, so a lot of short term pain. That said, we are still a big catch for someone, there will be a lot of interest at the price we will go for. 

Edited by Jareth
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

John Percy reporting on Twitter that Trevor Birch is involved in the club and has mentioned him as an insolvency expert. Little bit of research shows that he's been involved in clubs that have changed hands shortly after his arrival. Chelsea in 2003, Portsmouth, was in before Wyness at Everton (no takeover though), Bolton Wanderers, Hearts.... Points to the club being sold to me...

Off topic - this a bad news thread only.

I don't expect a sale to be straightforward - but it is the only way forward.

9 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Was thinking the exact same thing whilst I was in the bath. 

don't do anything silly, its only football.?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

John Percy reporting on Twitter that Trevor Birch is involved in the club and has mentioned him as an insolvency expert. Little bit of research shows that he's been involved in clubs that have changed hands shortly after his arrival. Chelsea in 2003, Portsmouth, was in before Wyness at Everton (no takeover though), Bolton Wanderers, Hearts.... Points to the club being sold to me...

If I'm honest I think that would be for the best. 

Xia I think is a chancer.  I had been prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt, in truth probably more hope than conviction that he really had money, but it looks increasingly like he has pissed what he had on buying us and gambled on using firesales and parachute money to get us up and lost. 

I know China is very opaque but all of his companies and Web sites seem very vague and more like skeleton organisations only.  He talks a lot but nothing much follows. 

I know it may be out of the frying pan into the fire but I think unless sold we are going the way of Rangers, so it really really couldn't get any worse. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Where's that from Eastie?

Meanwhile, it has emerged that back in February, Villa cashed in future transfer revenue due on Jordan Amavi from Marseille and Carlos Sanchez from Fiorentina in exchange for immediate money to help their cash flow.

In a document on Companies House dated February 2, 48 hours after the transfer window shut, the club sold on future income due on Amavi and Sanchez to the Australian Macquarie bank.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-put-alan-hutton-12648187

• Like 1

Just now, hippo said:

Off topic - this a bad news thread only.

I don't expect a sale to be straightforward - but it is the only way forward.

It sort of makes a lot of welcome changes for a lot of people - in no way is it good news - but Wyness already gone (some folks should be happy at that) Bruce won't stay (a lot of folks happy with that) Villa will not be wound up, that just won't happen given our assets and status - it does give us a chance to start from scratch but possibly from League 1. 

12 minutes ago, Fowlersrs said:

If the club goes up for sale the fans should buy 50% to avoid this nonsense again..

51%

Club can't be worth more than $70m now (assume that's a pound sign).

Of order 35k fans x $1000 get's us there.

There are 3 periods that as a fan just about to hit my 30s I'd describe as the worst time to be a Villa fan.

The very end of Ellis's reign (the player letter, staff coming out complaining they couldn't even expense coffee), relegation, and the kick in the teeth last Saturday. 

I didn't think worse was to come quite this quickly. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Crap way to end Tony's reign but if insolvency happens then we will find a buyer quickly - could be interesting times. My money is on Larry Ellison - he was once seen at a baseball game with someone that looked like that white haired fella who used to own us. 

Edit - this would probably be administration though, so a lot of short term pain. That said, we are still a big catch for someone, there will be a lot of interest at the price we will go for. 

but in the main, its is chancers who are blinded by the historical presence and the pull that it has.

We need folk with substance....not to squander, but give us a base to work from.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

It sort of makes a lot of welcome changes for a lot of people - in no way is it good news - but Wyness already gone (some folks should be happy at that) Bruce won't stay (a lot of folks happy with that) Villa will not be wound up, that just won't happen given our assets and status - it does give us a chance to start from scratch but possibly from League 1. 

Yes - hopefully we will get people who care - not just in it for the sky cash.

Its a very , very long way back though. We were out of the top league for 8 years in the late 60's early 70's - and then was when teams move freely up the divisions without spending billions 

4 minutes ago, villakram said:

51%

I was pushing for this during Lerner's circus. Few people gave it credence on here, dunno why.

8 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Meanwhile, it has emerged that back in February, Villa cashed in future transfer revenue due on Jordan Amavi from Marseille and Carlos Sanchez from Fiorentina in exchange for immediate money to help their cash flow.

In a document on Companies House dated February 2, 48 hours after the transfer window shut, the club sold on future income due on Amavi and Sanchez to the Australian Macquarie bank.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-put-alan-hutton-12648187

They basically mortgaged the club for promotion, on a wing and a prayer.....kept that quiet, i must say

There was no contingency plan....it was shite or bust.

I guess Derby and Boro' are ok financially.

Edited by TRO

Just now, maqroll said:

I was pushing for this during Lerner's circus. Few people gave it credence on here, dunno why.

What ? let say villa is valued at £40m  - so a 51% stake costs a tad over £20m - we 17,000 season ticket holders - how much would each have to chip to buy a controlling interest ? - Hell I can't even afford a new pair of pants ? 

9 minutes ago, villakram said:

51%

Any the running costs? Investing in the squad and facilities? Paying the balance of all the players recently purchased...

Edited by Genie

Â