Going Under ?

hippo

On a personal note, I'm enjoying this unfold purely for the intermingling of strong opinions every time a little more news is released. Tony could end up being the biggest Bruce Outer at the club.  

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

On a personal note, I'm enjoying this unfold purely for the intermingling of strong opinions every time a little more news is released. Tony could end up being the biggest Bruce Outer at the club.  

I’m enjoying being right about Wyness after reading back and seeing how much I was ridiculed for my thoughts about him. 

I have feeling to you know. :(

But seriously something tells me we’ll be alright. Just about.

36 minutes ago, villakram said:

51%

Club can't be worth more than $70m now (assume that's a pound sign).

Of order 35k fans x $1000 get's us there.

Oh yeah, I’m sure the average football fan has a spare £1000.

Olus if it did go through, what makes you think we’d run the club well? Have you seen the arguments on here? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think you're right on giving it 48 hours. If the tax bill gets paid then I think we can assume that the Villapocalypse isn't happening. 

I don’t think settling this Bill is going to settle anything.......I think the Apocalypse has already happened, but it’ll take a while to be fully public. Having said that, in the long run, it won’t matter. Well all still be watching football of some sort down at Villa Park same as ever in a few weeks.

• Like 2

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

Olus if it did go through, what makes you think we’d run the club well? Have you seen the arguments on here? 

We play 4-3-3, or I'm taking my cash out.

• Haha 3

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

But seriously something tells me we’ll be alright. Just about.

Me too - if Tony can't take us forward then they will be lining up to have a go - could get us a very motivated owner who may not start with massive wealth but could be the right person to restore us to the big time. In fact, I think someone like that is going to be vital given our experience of billionaires. 

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Christ, history gets rewritten pretty bloody quickly.

**** Xia and Lerner, but **** the trinity road vandal, and European cup denier too.

this this and this

xia and lerner mismanaged us and **** us up but they didnt sell our european cup winning team out of bitterness and arrogance

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

this this and this

xia and lerner mismanaged us and **** us up but they didnt sell our european cup winning team out of bitterness and arrogance

while true we were never ever a national laughing stock under Doug as the 2 owners after him 

One thing is for sure, the rumour mongers and story makers are out in force.  Several different journalists all with different stories.  It's like some of them just make it up. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TRO said:

They basically mortgaged the club for promotion, on a wing and a prayer.....kept that quiet, i must say

There was no contingency plan....it was shite or bust.

I guess Derby and Boro' are ok financially.

Boro are o.k for another year, got one more round of good parachute payments.

Derby in trouble aswell, losing 2m a month so major cutbacks ordered from the owner hence the Lampard appointment. Not as bad as us though.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

One thing is for sure, the rumour mongers and story makers are out in force.  Several different journalists all with different stories.  It's like some of them just make it up. 

well Raheem Sterling is busy so they need to occupy themselves until then

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

while true we were never ever a national laughing stock under Doug as the 2 owners after him 

Not quite sure we are a "national laughing stock" under Xia, not yet anyway.

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

and quietly amongst all the noise directed at us palace have reported that they are in an even worse mess, nowhere near as many running with it though

Looking at y/e 2017 accounts, no Corp Tax appears to be payable with respect to the year. Further, the unprovided for deferred tax asset is near confirmation that a profit hasn’t been made since as it would have been recognised should it have been reasonably expected to be used within the foreseeable.

Creditors shows 800k - this most likely being VAT payable (as there is no tax debtor), NIC and other employment taxes.

The VAT as at 31 May would likely be in relation to April and May - being two thirds of the quarter that straddles the year end. I doubt activity has materially changed such that VAT levels would be different now, so I doubt the tax is VAT payable. 4.5m would mean a significant increase in VATable revenue since May - nothing to suggest this. 

NIC and PAYE are commonly paid the month after and there appears to be no build up in these as at year end - (P&L social security and tax is £8m, so a creditor of c10% at year-end suggests no backlog).

In the absence of any more clues, albeit with no football-specific accounting knowledge,  I’d guess the tax is in relation to a build up of employment related tax. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I don’t think settling this Bill is going to settle anything.......I think the Apocalypse has already happened, but it’ll take a while to be fully public. Having said that, in the long run, it won’t matter. Well all still be watching football of some sort down at Villa Park same as ever in a few weeks.

but I'll miss the fireworks....or should i say flame throwers.

Edited by TRO

Â