What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

I do like KI but you don't see it much around here. There used to be a bar in the Arcadian that had it on tap (Bar Coast?). For Japanese lager, Asahi is the go to. 

Ashai was 2.80€ a bottle KI was 1.30€!

Ashai is OK, think I've drank more of the black "dry" version and never quite been sure what a dry beer actually means, sapporo is decent too 

Ashai on tap is definitely one of those "oooooh you've got that on tap I'll have one of them" I've drank it in brum too but I can't think where 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

For Japanese lager, Asahi is the go to.

This stuff used to be mine but back in the '80s the whole top used to come off leaving you with a can that you could drink like a glass. We used to throw that stuff down our necks after a gig

s-l640.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

I’m anticipating some interesting reviews in this thread over the next few days, gentlemen....

Was showing as sold out at 12 when I checked.  £10 for two cans as well by the looks of their store page.

• Shocked 1

"Cream egg" will catch a lot of people's eyes, but it's a fairly tame vanilla and chocolate milk stout. Nobody would bat an eye at it if it wasn't for the branding.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

On 27/02/2021 at 20:16, Xela said:

I remember Chang when I first went to Thailand about 15 years ago. It was like petrol. Got you properly smashed. I think they reduced the potency of it over the years! 

The rumour I was told when over there is that the factories are unregulated. Meaning that some bottles you have will be as strong as hell and then others will be piss water. Just depends on the batch mixed that day. It certainly did feel like that over there. 
Id imagine the stuff that comes to the UK is very different though

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

The rumour I was told when over there is that the factories are unregulated. Meaning that some bottles you have will be as strong as hell and then others will be piss water. Just depends on the batch mixed that day. It certainly did feel like that over there. 
Id imagine the stuff that comes to the UK is very different though

Makes sense! Two large bottles and I was like Begbie from Trainspoting!

Always preferred Singha for a cleaner taste. San Miguel Light as well was lovely. 

They still doing the 3 for £5 on the bottles of foreign beers? 

There's not many poor ones in there, warsteiner is a bad representative for Germany (bit gassy imo) if anything I'd like them to expand it, get some efes, VB, modelo etc 

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

What? Aussie VB? Cooking ale. There are hundreds of better beers from Aus than that stuff.

Been a long long time since I've drank it, was a Friday night out in kiddy weatherspoons and I thought it was alright, still the biggest selling isn't it? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Been a long long time since I've drank it, was a Friday night out in kiddy weatherspoons and I thought it was alright, still the biggest selling isn't it? 

Possibly. I dunno. Like with the US Aus had a brewing revolution a while back and the small and medium sized breweries make some spectacular ales now. Mostly not available in the UK, but places like Majestik sell some of them. James Squires, Little Creatures (delivery van outside the Brewery below), Coopers - you can’t get their stout in the Uk, but it’s fantastic, and though an acquired taste Coopers Pale, which you can get, is decent. Seek them out and put the VB episode out of mind 😜

50BF386A-77D1-450C-93C6-16C3094FB3EE.jpeg

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

They still doing the 3 for £5 on the bottles of foreign beers? 

There's not many poor ones in there, warsteiner is a bad representative for Germany (bit gassy imo) if anything I'd like them to expand it, get some efes, VB, modelo etc 

They are. 

I picked up an Asahi, Singha and Kirin. 

They also have Erdinger representing Germany. 

• Like 1

Â