What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

last night was a bottle of Faustino I rioja and a bottle of Hardys Shiraz.

both very nice indeed with a couple of mates who I haven’t properly seen since last year on an evening garden meet up.

Today I feel surprisingly ok as have hardly touched a drop this year.. 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

Third from this brewery in the Belgian box I received. Belgian IPA 5% abv

Its one of those, strange to find these days, IPAs that taste predominantly of beer. A nice balance between hops and malt, slightly bitter but smooth all the same and not much in the was of fruit

its a winner for me. Again love the can design from this brewery 

47FB4973-FC8E-4CC7-A90F-5B5ECAFC4A6C.jpeg

EDIT: That hardly touched the sides. I'll be ordering a case of that

• Like 2

Sorry, I opened this, Liverpool equalised  :(

last of the Belgian box and as predicted it’s the Pilsner by Avaans. 4.5% abv

Its ok, it’s has that very slight banana taste but overall it’s just a very smooth Pilsner. It’s a decent beer and I’ve tasted far worse but being Pilsner it was never going to be that interesting.

B14B7C5E-E95B-4C15-B459-7221E196DFF0.jpeg

• Like 2

This from last night might just be my version of crack cocaine.

This was, for a cocktail in a can, bloody wonderful. 125ml can 14.9% abv

Moth: Espresso Martini

Its a good job there was only one can in the house.

E59319BB-56C9-43DC-BD5D-37A37200F90F.jpeg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Another Kanpai product for you @HanoiVillan

Fizu - A premium effervescent sake to be drunk chilled much like champagne. Abv 11.5%. Tradition Japanese techniques meet craft ale techniques. Definitely a sake by taste though

853E7B73-FA3E-4308-8E58-94718820CA83.jpeg

Where did you get these from? Very curious to try some of these.

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Where did you get these from? Very curious to try some of these.

Birthday pressie from the missus. She got them direct from Kanpai London Craft Sake

‘Shipping to UK mainland’

we deliver across mainland UK for a flat fee of £5 or free on orders over £100. We do our very best to dispatch orders the following working day (Tues-Fri). For more info read our T&Cs. If you would like to enquire about delivery outside of mainland UK, please contact us for a quote.

• Thanks 1

New stuff I've been drinking:

1cccf148fe2ed74b5b149a227eff9bc2_640x640

This is another one from Basqueland. I always think passion fruit is a good ingredient in a sour, and it proves so here, along with guava and interestingly apricot, not a flavour I associate with a sour. A nice balance between sweet and sour, another impressive offering from this brewery.

puhaste-tumeaine-port-whisky-ba-bottle-3

This is an imperial stout called Tumeaine by the Estonian brewery Puhaste. This one is aged in or with port and whisky barrels, though I believe there are others aged with cognac barrels. It comes in at a solid 12%, and was delightful. Definitely heavy - it took me 2.5 hours to drink - but the mix of port and whisky flavours, with slight tastes of caramel and plum, is fantastic. I've ordered another and will be saving it for a special occasion. Highly recommended.

00031078.jpg

A Belgian white beer made with strawberries. Found this one in the supermarket, so maybe everyone has tried it already. Anyway, I liked it, though it was quite sweet. Probably would have been better on a sunny afternoon than at 1 AM watching 'Hunger', but there we go. Decent.

• Like 3

On 11/04/2021 at 21:37, HanoiVillan said:

New stuff I've been drinking:

1cccf148fe2ed74b5b149a227eff9bc2_640x640

This is another one from Basqueland. I always think passion fruit is a good ingredient in a sour, and it proves so here, along with guava and interestingly apricot, not a flavour I associate with a sour. A nice balance between sweet and sour, another impressive offering from this brewery.

puhaste-tumeaine-port-whisky-ba-bottle-3

This is an imperial stout called Tumeaine by the Estonian brewery Puhaste. This one is aged in or with port and whisky barrels, though I believe there are others aged with cognac barrels. It comes in at a solid 12%, and was delightful. Definitely heavy - it took me 2.5 hours to drink - but the mix of port and whisky flavours, with slight tastes of caramel and plum, is fantastic. I've ordered another and will be saving it for a special occasion. Highly recommended.

00031078.jpg

A Belgian white beer made with strawberries. Found this one in the supermarket, so maybe everyone has tried it already. Anyway, I liked it, though it was quite sweet. Probably would have been better on a sunny afternoon than at 1 AM watching 'Hunger', but there we go. Decent.

I’ve had that or similar Puhaste stouts. I’ve probably even got some in the house. The wife stopped drinking stouts so I’ve got an ever increasing collection.

Bit of lockdown lunacy. Weekend Romanian beer football match 

CF058-DEE-7-CBE-4-A06-ABA8-F0-DF3-B6-D67

Friday’s team and ratings are in:

8539-BEC3-BAC2-4-CAD-9-A4-D-93585-D74400

Internationally Unknown (GK) - Aptly named, this one is lucky to feature for this team let alone the National side. Not great, not terrible. 7/10

Crowd Control (LB) - Always reliable, although this was one of its weaker performances at 7/10. Expected to be back to its best next time out.

Mindwipe (LCB) - Gargantuan performance from a Rolls Royce of a beer. Already looking forward to this one next time out. 9.5/10

Age of Exploration (RCB) - Brought a bit of foreign flair to the match whilst remaining solid in defence. 9/10

Copycats (RB) - Freshly into the team but no fireworks on debut. 7/10

Salty Sourpuss: Carrot & Ginger (LCM) - Delivered as promised. 7/10

Vacation In A Glass (CM) - Not as sweet a style as we’ve come to expect but that didn’t sour this beer’s solid outing. 7.5/10

Snow Fort RCM) - Played out of position perhaps, this skill set would’ve been better suited to a different style but did well nonetheless. 7/10

Polymorphosis (LWF) - This beer really made its mark on the match despite being relatively lightweight amongst a physically strong field. 9/10

Fistful of Green (RWF) - Incredibly strong performance from an incredibly strong, incredible beer. This is what you turn up for, a reason to love the beautiful game. BOTM 10/10

Robo Sapiens (ST) - Not a standout performer but certainly contributed to the team performance. 7.5/10

6 Years Anniversary (Sub) - Poor effort off the bench almost setting up the opposition, Barkley-esque. 3/10

Spotted (Sub) - Ineffectual in its brief cameo. 5/10

• Like 3

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Bit of lockdown lunacy. Weekend Romanian beer football match 

CF058-DEE-7-CBE-4-A06-ABA8-F0-DF3-B6-D67

Friday’s team and ratings are in:

8539-BEC3-BAC2-4-CAD-9-A4-D-93585-D74400

Internationally Unknown (GK) - Aptly named, this one is lucky to feature for this team let alone the National side. Not great, not terrible. 7/10

Crowd Control (LB) - Always reliable, although this was one of its weaker performances at 7/10. Expected to be back to its best next time out.

Mindwipe (LCB) - Gargantuan performance from a Rolls Royce of a beer. Already looking forward to this one next time out. 9.5/10

Age of Exploration (RCB) - Brought a bit of foreign flair to the match whilst remaining solid in defence. 9/10

Copycats (RB) - Freshly into the team but no fireworks on debut. 7/10

Salty Sourpuss: Carrot & Ginger (LCM) - Delivered as promised. 7/10

Vacation In A Glass (CM) - Not as sweet a style as we’ve come to expect but that didn’t sour this beer’s solid outing. 7.5/10

Snow Fort RCM) - Played out of position perhaps, this skill set would’ve been better suited to a different style but did well nonetheless. 7/10

Polymorphosis (LWF) - This beer really made its mark on the match despite being relatively lightweight amongst a physically strong field. 9/10

Fistful of Green (RWF) - Incredibly strong performance from an incredibly strong, incredible beer. This is what you turn up for, a reason to love the beautiful game. BOTM 10/10

Robo Sapiens (ST) - Not a standout performer but certainly contributed to the team performance. 7.5/10

6 Years Anniversary (Sub) - Poor effort off the bench almost setting up the opposition, Barkley-esque. 3/10

Spotted (Sub) - Ineffectual in its brief cameo. 5/10

Towels 3 missing - standards slipping  - must try harder 5/10

• Haha 3

ED2-DDD3-B-A2-BC-41-DA-AC45-95-FA0-EB884

You Can’t Find Me in Da Club (GK) - Never looked like making a mistaking to sour this performance. 8/10

Clamp Fast (LWB) - Unremarkable yet steady. 7.5/10

Mad Honey (LCB) - Fleeting moments of sweet play on top of a solid outing. 8/10

Object of Power (CB) - Big, strong and dominant, a truly magnificent beast. 9.5/10

Fear Itself (RCB) - A little bit over zealous at times but still an incredibly powerful display. 9/10

King’s Leaf (RWB) - A marauding presence bringing excitement whilst staying dependable at the back. 9/10

Lockdown (LCM) - Didn’t put a sip wrong, just surround by better quality. 7.5/10

Fluffy Sourpuss: Blackcurrant (CM) - A real playmaker that provided a few moments of brilliance. 8/10

Sensitive Touch (RCM) - Brute force, a joy to a behold. 9.5/10

Tawny Mosaic (LF) - Unspectacular but put in a good shift. 7.5/10

Otus (RF) - Neat and tidy little beer, got the game off to a flyer. 7.5/10

Result: Friday FC 1 - Saturday Villa 2. The away side just had more consistency and more standout performers, despite the home side just about edging out BOTM. An enthralling contest that was thoroughly enjoyed by both spectators.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

A new 52 Beers box arrived this week. This is the first one of the batch

Premium Dark by Bohemia Regent one of the oldest breweries in the world brewing on the same premises without interruption. Established in 1379 in Trebon, South Bohemia. (Czech Republic)

Best served chilled it has an abv of 4.7% and is a... an export lager, yes a dark lager. Far tastier than your normal lager, you wouldn’t want to neck this back because it really is very tasty and a very little bit chocolatey. Would definitely drink again!  (And I’m not really a lager drinker)

02A43BF7-72F0-476C-A064-255A1AE44D34.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Two bottles of prosecco to celebrate my girlfriend moving in today.

This might sound a bit ghey but i am so happy right now 🥰

Those lucky jogging bottoms have worked! :) 

• Haha 1

Â