What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

On 12/03/2021 at 21:04, villa4europe said:

if you can get it this is the one - 

See the source image

in the fridge, glass in the fridge, wash the glass with cold water just before you pour the beer (very important german trick) then with just a bit more than dregs left in the glass stop pouring and twist the bottle in your palms creating froth, then use that to it a good head

Tried one of these tonight. I'm afraid I was too lazy to follow the instructions, but I agree that was a very tasty dark beer. Would definitely recommend, and will be getting again.

Also had one of these last night:

Queer-Brewing-Existence-as-a-Radical-Act

Bought this 'Existence Is A Radical Act' Pale Ale from Queer Brewing via HonestBrew, mostly because it had an absolutely excellent rating and very good reviews. I have to say, I didn't love it, though that wasn't helped by dozing off in the middle of it for an hour or two! However, while the advertised flavour of stone fruit came through, it also hit my palette with a faintly onionish flavour. I had it immediately after a Cali Pale from Tiny Rebel, which cost about 1/3 of the price and I like significantly more.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Limited release APA, by a man at the brewery who just happens to be a Swedish Villan and named it accordingly.

A9pvXk3.png

He's done it before but I missed that one

8XOG4km.png

The bloody size of Ugo's Head! No wonder he was good in the air 😀

• Haha 4

On 12/03/2021 at 21:04, villa4europe said:

if you can get it this is the one - 

See the source image

in the fridge, glass in the fridge, wash the glass with cold water just before you pour the beer (very important german trick) then with just a bit more than dregs left in the glass stop pouring and twist the bottle in your palms creating froth, then use that to it a good head

the wife was in the shop earlier and i said get me some dunkel and she picked up this which i scoffed at thinking it was some cheap shite rather than a branded beer

Picked up one of these today. 

Looking forward to having it. Tomorrow I reckon. 

• Like 2

First off this evening is this from by Belgian box

Tongerlo Bruin. Abv 6.5%

This is a rather lovely slightly sweet hoppy brown ale, bottle conditioned with a slight bitter aftertaste. Definitely have this again.

9B3ECDAA-35D1-4C91-A48A-A22A3E549AEF.jpeg

• Like 2

Peninsula-Tropikal-Session-IPA-Can-330ml

'Puro Tropikal' from Peninsula. Bought some more beers from HonestBrew, including several Spanish ones; many of these are from Basqueland and coming soon. This one is from Peninsula; I recently had a beer of theirs made with pomelos, and it was delicious.

However, this is a session IPA' with an emphasis on 'IPA' not on 'tropikal'; definitely refreshing, but not the same of fruit-juice-y flavour we tend to do a lot of here. Very refreshing though, and therefore sessionable. Decent!

• Like 2

Next up...

Witbier with orange and coriander 

Abv 4.6% by Brouwerij Lekker
It’s ok, not as bad as it sounds tbh

I really like the cans from this brewery, I have a couple more in the box all on a similar theme

Edit: I forgot to press send on this last night

C2446B75-2F29-4E7B-9D64-BEFD9C2A33DB.jpeg

• Like 3

On 24/03/2021 at 15:11, Tegis said:

Limited release APA, by a man at the brewery who just happens to be a Swedish Villan and named it accordingly.

A9pvXk3.png

He's done it before but I missed that one

You Scandos are all drinking the same booze- @Pelleposted the same stuff on FB earlier.

Â