What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

Just now, fightoffyour said:

okay that was quick, you’re all spragniony legends.

21-E40-AA3-80-F5-4367-A399-AF3-ED173-F2-

DCC8-E598-D0-FD-41-C8-B440-86-D05-A25-BD

4-F3-C4-F54-C24-C-43-D8-BACF-3-D6-D20728

Doesn’t alkohol kill covid?’ Oh the last one was when Stefan got his wedding suit in krakow and villa destroyed leeds.

A good story for you all. 

The last can was after we got back from a (covid friendly) self service bar so all of those pints aren't accounted for. 

A mid teens % chocolate stout; we poured it and @fightoffyourhad a violent landing as he sat down and threw it all over himself. 

Was a nice one too!

• Haha 2

On 27/03/2021 at 11:18, bickster said:

Witbier with orange and coriander 

Abv 4.6% by Brouwerij Lekker
It’s ok, not as bad as it sounds tbh

Not to be too much of a smart arse, but coriander and orange are pretty common favourings in Witbier.

Another Belgian, this time Steenbrugge Blonde. A Belgian Abbey Blonde ale brewed to a recipe in continual use since the Middle Ages and dedicated to St Arnoldus, the patron saint of beer.

Enough of that bollocks, it’s bloody lovely and come in at 6.5% abv. Really much nicer than Leffe

6CD1E5BC-8018-4997-A0E9-1C5090899849.jpeg

• Like 3

Sort of continuing the monastic feel above, had one of these the other day:

Tynt-Meadow.jpg?resize=740,426&ssl=1

Maybe everyone else has had one of these 'English Trappist Ales', but it was a new one on me. Strong and perfumed and tasted a little of coffee which I hate, but I actually quite liked the beer. A pleasant surprise, would purchase again. Perhaps better in winter.

Also had one of these:

5f134ae4f0bf7a6a47454d1bdc2d40a2.jpg

'Arraun' by Basqueland is marketed as a 'hoppy amber ale', and it was, in the best possible way. It combined the rich toffee flavour of an amber with the floral taste of a pale, but in a way that they complemented each other perfectly. A genuine top 10 beer, which is currently available through HonestBrew if anyone's interested (actually, so is the other one now I think of it).

• Like 3

Something the missus bought me for my birthday. Something out of the ordinary...

Session Sake. Wasabi and Apple sparkling sake. Abv 5.5%

It isn’t super sparkling just very mildly effervescent. Tastes of apple obviously but it definitely also tastes of sake with the wasabi understated but balancing the flavour out. Nice summer day drink.

EC4E936E-70B2-4B1C-AC8B-E216417E1D3D.jpeg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Something the missus bought me for my birthday. Something out of the ordinary...

Session Sake. Wasabi and Apple sparkling sake. Abv 5.5%

It isn’t super sparkling just very mildly effervescent. Tastes of apple obviously but it definitely also tastes of sake with the wasabi understated but balancing the flavour out. Nice summer day drink.

EC4E936E-70B2-4B1C-AC8B-E216417E1D3D.jpeg

That sounds quite nice to be honest, will keep an eye out for that.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

That sounds quite nice to be honest, will keep an eye out for that.

I have another one with different flavours. I also have some other new hybrid sake / craft brewed thing which apparently wasn't cheap that I shall be experimenting with this weekend

• Like 1

See the source image

consdering veltins is pisswater these were surprisingly good, they do a helles variety too which i would expect to be even better

also seeing these advertised but not yet in store (one for the piss you off thread, ze germans do loads of pre advertising for stuff that doesnt go on sale for months) becks is also pisswater so ill see if this is better

See the source image

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

so ill see if this is better

It's still Pils though, probably my least favourite of any German style beer. I'll still drink it if there's nothing else but it's the last thing I turn to, I have one from my Belgian box, it'll be the last thing I drink

The memories of cheap Holsten Pils run deep

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's still Pils though, probably my least favourite of any German style beer. I'll still drink it if there's nothing else but it's the last thing I turn to, I have one from my Belgian box, it'll be the last thing I drink

The memories of cheap Holsten Pils run deep

Hit and miss for me, becks is shite, warsteiner even worse, krombacher and bitburger are drinkable (bitburger is about 10km from my in laws so that's their main beer) flensburger is really good

The Czech ones urquell and staropomen or whatever its called are the best imo 

• Like 1

Â