What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Tough day at work today and definitely need a relaxing beer

Cheshire Chocolate Porter by Robinsons of Stockport but exclusively for M&S. Abv 6%

This is quite a light porter the malts are stronger than the chocolate and it has a nice light fizz to it. I like this because the chocolate isn't overpowering and for a 6% beer it hasn't got too much body.

72800B6B-278A-49BD-9844-BA978DAF942C.jpeg

Not heard eardrum buzz for years

1 hour ago, bickster said:

SO bad I stole someone else's photo - rank

a8fd6a6413529139e3d5fc81e0ad75d8_c_99269

Be glad you didn't like it IMO; I hate how M & S get these exclusive beers brewed for them and then just drop them, and that's that. 2/3 of my favourite discontinued beers fell that way, and I'm still sour about it (I'm sure you can't tell :D)

12 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Got 14 beers from HonestBrew thanks to a Christmas voucher, and most of them are new to me, so gonna be a few reviews over the coming weeks I guess.

14? Coming weeks? 

Is this how I realise that I'm an alcoholic?

• Haha 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

14? Coming weeks? 

Is this how I realise that I'm an alcoholic?

I don't drink very much at the moment. I only drink during the week when Villa are playing, and have a maximum of 3 or 4 on Friday and Saturday nights.

I was listening to a segment on PM earlier this week with Adrian Chiles, and Evan Davis asked him 'so do you have days where you don't drink?' and he replied 'I do, yes' as if that wasn't a pretty extreme question to be asking, which made me feel better about how much I'm consuming.

I'm still piling on the pounds though, can't stop eating absolute garbage.

• Like 1

Bought as an experiment because it sounded so bad. It's as bad as it sounds. It's like someone mixed an IPA with a can of Lilt then gave it a bitter lemon aftertaste.

It's worse than it sounded.

Pineapple Milkshake IPA by the Black Sheep Brewery. This should be kept on the wrong side of The Pennines. ABV 5.3%

4CEAACED-3D7A-4D6D-AC35-C67DCA135C4A.jpeg

• Like 3

Just now, bickster said:

Bought as an experiment because it sounded so bad. It's as bad as it sounds. It's like someone mixed an IPA with a can of Lilt then gave it a bitter lemon aftertaste.

It's worse than it sounded.

Pineapple Milkshake IPA by the Black Sheep Brewery. This should be kept on the wrong side of The Pennines. ABV 5.3%

4CEAACED-3D7A-4D6D-AC35-C67DCA135C4A.jpeg

My god. What have you become. 

• Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

or to quote a band I'm not fond of

"Dear God, what have we done?
There is no rest for the wicked ones
Dear God, what is this evil that we've done?"

You will be wearing clogs next

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

You will be wearing clogs next

More chance of hell freezing over. I can't remember which way round they were but the first two gigs I ever worked when at Uni were New Model Army and Spear of Destiny on consecutive days. Front Stage Security, two days of battling the mosh pit for those bands is what you'd call a baptism of fire.

The NMA fans were let into the Mountford Hall for the soundcheck and decided to slide all over the floor (a wooden sprung dancefloor) in those sodding clogs. It cost us £2k to repair which in 1985 was serious money

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I found some Theatre of Hate the other day, had a think about it, about taking it downstairs so it could be played, but then put it back in the box.

I think I have most of the singles, cant say they get much of an airing

• Like 1

Anyway, back to beer...

A Weizenbock again by Free Assembly in Germany. Abv 7.2%

Malty, quite sweet and floral. Definitely tastes of bananas, vanilla and cloves but all in an understated manner.

First weizenbock I think I've ever drunk. Part of the 52 beers case

7F1CFBD0-89CF-4F46-8B92-A42C342A4440.jpeg

• Like 3

Â