What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

I haven't tried the other three, but the Arbor one is very good. It's a lot heavier on the coffee than most other coffee stouts, I like that though. Triple Hazy goes down easily enough, but it's one of their "premium" ones after close to £4 a pop isn't it? I'll happily spend more than that on something special, but I felt a bit ripped off paying that much for a bog standard IPA. I enjoyed it but not enough to pay that again.

Edited by Davkaus

As its NYE, time to bring a big gun out. 

Omnipollo Pleroma - Mango Orange Passionfruit
Mango, orange, passion fruit crème brûlée sour ale brewed with lactose sugar and vanilla.

s4DE5mm.jpg

• Like 1

brew dog layer cake stout (chocolate and marshmallow) 

Finishing the year with one of these!

Liked the Wild Beer Millionaire Salted Caramel stout but wasn’t a patch on the London Brewery Tiramisu stout.

F768AE4E-AF75-4A9F-A7E1-B87091ECACD3.jpeg

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 2

I've not drank Scotch in years, but fancied something a bit different. The standard Glenfiddich isn't to my taste, but I've picked up a bottle of their "Fire and Cane" experimental one, peated whisky aged in rum casks. Worth a go. I need to pick up a few other styles for one man tasting session :D 

36 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I've not drank Scotch in years, but fancied something a bit different. The standard Glenfiddich isn't to my taste, but I've picked up a bottle of their "Fire and Cane" experimental one, peated whisky aged in rum casks. Worth a go. I need to pick up a few other styles for one man tasting session :D 

I'm no connoisseur but Yamazaki is my favourite of all the ones I have tried

5111-0w470h470_Yamazaki_Year_Old_Single_

• Like 2

On 30/12/2020 at 15:33, Davkaus said:

People who only like things that taste of beer, look away now.

This month's subscription box. This will be my first MAltgarden drink, looking forward to it :)

OAYGSCL.png

Did you manage to open that can? What the ****! I had to hodge it open with keys !

16 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I haven't tried the other three, but the Arbor one is very good. It's a lot heavier on the coffee than most other coffee stouts, I like that though. Triple Hazy goes down easily enough, but it's one of their "premium" ones after close to £4 a pop isn't it? I'll happily spend more than that on something special, but I felt a bit ripped off paying that much for a bog standard IPA. I enjoyed it but not enough to pay that again.

Agree with that, enjoyed it. Guess the extra is purely down to the percentage being 9% compared with the OG Hazy being 7.2%. Only going by memory but thought they tasted very similar.

Never heard of this before I ran across it at a local store.   The price was about as low as I've seen for actual Champagne, and it was decent.   Definitely on par with the California sparklers you can get at a similar price around here and had more of the distinctive Champagne character compared to the US stuff.

spacer.png

Switched gears to this, which was decent.   The hazelnut goes nicely with a dark beer.   The hazelnut flavor hits up front, then the beer flavor takes over.   I think it would work better with a slightly more robust ale to back up the hazelnut.   This tastes like an American brown ale, and i think a porter would have kept the flavor and mouthfeel going a little better.  Still, WB 7/10.

beer_585.jpg

• Like 2

Not been drinking much since all this began back last March, but had a few last night. 

Work had sent us a box of Nio Cocktails in the summer. So had three of those last night, Gin Sour, Margarita and Cosmo. Then had a different brand of Espresso Martini, gin and tonic and  finally finished with a couple  glasses of Prosecco. 
Not my usual tipples and most I’ve had in a while.

10 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Damnit, thats another one to add to the list, hope it was nice.

It was lovely. Is my go-to nightcap in certain Brum pubs (remember those places?!)

Hibiki is nice as well. 

A few that I've tried over the last couple of weeks:

b745dd614accc395df85d6dfa9af61c809575590

The barrel aging did nothing for me with this one. They do one aged in Cognac barrels as well, maybe that would be more up my street. But with this one, I found the sweetness and the spirity-ness just kind of clashed for me.

I also tried a couple of apricot flavoured beers:

smiths_bottle_thin-15.jpg

450x450.jpg

I quite like the Samuel Smith one. The fruit comes across well, and it's bitter but not unpleasantly so. The Vault City one was not a winner. I really liked the last of theirs I had - a pear and vanilla sour, one of the nicest beers I've ever had - but with this one I found the flavour was a bit weak. I kind of feel like they set the barrier too high with the last beer! It's not in any way bad, but it was £6.50 and I'm not sure it was spectacular enough for the price point.

• Like 3

I love the Kees stouts, but the barrel aging didn't do much for me either, I'd just as happily have the regular one.

I was given a box of those Sam Smith fruit beers last year, as well as apricot, there was strawberry, raspberry, and I think cherry. I'd never have bought them for myself, but they were all very nice

• Like 1

Â