What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

Tonights tipple

Midnight Maverick a Nitro Oatmeal Milk Stout 

More of a session drinker at 4.2% from the Siren Brewery in Wokingham

Milky (obviously) with a slight biscuity taste, the aftertaste is a combo of vanilla and coffee

A decent drink but nowhere near as interesting as last nights one

5F92656C-48A1-466C-B583-3E0CB062482E.jpeg

• Like 3

I’m fairly sure some of you are already familiar with this so I won't go on

Tiny Rebel’s Electric Boogaloo

Passion Fruit Lil Neipa 4.5%

I'm not the biggest fan of Citras but the passion fruit does balance it a bit. It's ok but nothing more than that

20341AB9-9E07-4711-B216-E194BF58BB9C.jpeg

• Like 3

I found a survivor from the Polish box

King of Hops by Alebrowar from Lebork

A 5% abv American Pale Ale

As it's name suggest it's hoppy with only a slight bitterness and a dryish taste

Quite like this one, if I had one, I’d drink another

D9730B11-4520-4AC5-9907-23EE419B25E7.jpeg

• Like 3

Out of the new delivery....

Dry Hopped Wheat by German brewers Free Assembly 5.2% abv

With true Germanic efficiency the title is what it is a dry hopped wheat beer. It's smooth to drink and quite hoppy with very little bitterness and you can also taste the malt.

Agan, I could drink a few of these if I had them

A714158A-0990-49AD-B28B-FE93A1FDE4A3.jpeg

• Like 2

Thornbridge for me too next

The new DDH Jaipur made to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the making of the original Jaipur

Same recipe as normal Jaipur but double dry hopped its 5.9% and VERY hoppy with a nice balance between bitter and sweet 

3996FEB3-C11F-48D9-8B58-0D16B7B313C7.jpeg

• Like 3

I've never tried the DDH, must pick some of that up, did you get it from them or is it stocked in shops?

Necessary Evil is just as good as I remember. Rich, indulgent, almost buttery. Beautiful stuff. I have a couple more bottles but will need to save them at £8 a bottle :D 

6 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Had a few on Saturday:

F26-FD283-2321-4785-8946-7310-EB3563-DD.

This Barrel aged Fluffernutter from Weldworks in Colorado a few weeks ago was the best beer I’ve ever had though:

1-F441-CEF-0-CD6-4-A86-9-A0-C-797-CEAF55

I'd like to add this was between 3 people. I'm too old for this, I'm just over it now. 

Edited by StefanAVFC

10 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Had a few on Saturday:

F26-FD283-2321-4785-8946-7310-EB3563-DD.

This Barrel aged Fluffernutter from Weldworks in Colorado a few weeks ago was the best beer I’ve ever had though:

1-F441-CEF-0-CD6-4-A86-9-A0-C-797-CEAF55

I have to assume someone snuck the Corona in there as a joke while you were too drunk to notice.

8 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

I have to assume someone snuck the Corona in there as a joke while you were too drunk to notice.

A kind of joke, there was a beer festival themed zoom with a selection of beers of which only Corona was available here, so we just had that (and the Tyskie for a pissy lager) before moving on to the craft.

The killshot is in chronological order so definitely not drunk by that point!

Edited by fightoffyour

image.png.0e6050fb927e932d1fd95f6412c55c72.png

A year since my great uncle over in Ireland passed away aged 99. When ever we visited he'd always have a bottle of Powers in. Not being a massive Whiskey drinker I would say I'd have a small one, to which he'd pour half a tall glass full.

I'll be having at least one in memory of him this evening.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

How was it?

I enjoyed the first half a lot more than the second.

I didn't get much vanilla or cocoa, it's a big old punch of maple syrup, a nice middle layer of coffee, then the maple syrup comes back with a vengeance for the finish. I enjoyed it, but for my taste it was a bit too heavy on the maple, and a bit too sweet for the full can to not feel like hard work. 

I'd order a third of a pint without a hesitation. Half a litre of it was a bit much :D 

• Like 2

Â