What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

I didn't drink too heavily last night so just in case I wanted that on a bender until 4am, collapse and finish the drink I was last drinking as soon as I wake up feeling, I started with one of these which encapsulates that very taste right out of the can

4D2E70CD-D9F8-4A1E-8215-236820094CB4.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

I didn't drink too heavily last night so just in case I wanted that on a bender until 4am, collapse and finish the drink I was last drinking as soon as I wake up feeling, I started with one of these which encapsulates that very taste right out of the can

4D2E70CD-D9F8-4A1E-8215-236820094CB4.jpeg

I really like that one :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

I forgot to mention my strange experience with the Glenfarclas.

When I first got it I had a glass and really did not like it at all. So it went in the cupboard and I just forgot about it for a couple of months. At some point i give it another go and it was absolutely stunning, really one of my favourite drams. 

I'm certainly not suggesting leaving it for months, but it's one that benefits from aerating imo.  When you get it I'd recommend pouring a dram but leaving it on the side for an hour or so before trying it :thumb:

Cheers mate, I'm already in the habit of letting em rest a while so will have no problem. 

Looking forward to that deanston tomorrow watching the match, villa win and a nice drink, fantastic. 

spacer.png

To have with the presents. 

spacer.png

With the venison later. 

spacer.png

With the cheese later. 

spacer.png

When the little one has gone to bed. 

spacer.png

Chocolate peanut butter protein shake* right now as I've just been in the (home) gym.

*Beautiful blonde woman (sadly) not included. 

41 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Cheers mate, I'm already in the habit of letting em rest a while so will have no problem. 

Looking forward to that deanston tomorrow watching the match, villa win and a nice drink, fantastic. 

I'm the same now. I always knew about the recommendation to let whisky sit for a bit, but it was bizarre quite how much this one changes, i literally went from hating it to loving it. 

Let me know what you think of the Deanston mate, I thought it was superb. 

Here's a list of Ralphys ratings, always a good resource when researching a new bottle. 

Ratings

43 minutes ago, bickster said:

It was a toss up between this and an Amarone, Decide the Amarone will be with the Beef tomorrow. This is breathing nicely before the bird is carved

F181F7EE-2E36-4247-8FFE-2CB3BF785CAA.jpeg

Good choice, can't beat Italian reds. I've just started on the Amarone and will be tucking into the venison in a moment. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

It was a toss up between this and an Amarone, Decide the Amarone will be with the Beef tomorrow. This is breathing nicely before the bird is carved

F181F7EE-2E36-4247-8FFE-2CB3BF785CAA.jpeg

Obviously it's not really delicious like hot chocolate or coke, but for wine...brilliant!

• Like 1

Â