What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

2 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I hit 20 beers yesterday. Horrible, gassy Turkish Efes. Only just crawled out my hotel room.

20! I had roughly 10 and I feel like I've been mauled by a grizzly bear! 

whilst watching the FA cup final we drew names out of a hat, if your player committed a foul you did a bucca, if your player got booked you did a bucca and a jager

then played pop up pirate with bucca

then went in to town...

On 5/16/2016 at 09:27, mjmooney said:

No, because England.

EDIT: misquote... meant to quote the becuz Germany...  I'm rusty at this whole forum-posting lark.

Many American beer snobs would dispute that

I’M BARELY THROUGH BAGGAGE CLAIM before I enjoy my first taste of German craft beer. Munich Airport is, fittingly, the only airport in Europe with a microbrewery inside the terminal, serving freshly brewed beer in an enormous glassed-in biergarten. At the entrance, I meet braumeister Rene Jacobsen, who walks me back into the brewing operation, past a large, silver mash tun emanating the sweet smell of fermenting barley malt.
He serves all of his beer unfiltered, says Jacobsen, who prides himself on the quality of his ingredients, including the noble aroma hops grown nearby in the Hallertau region. Due to the heavy traffic in the terminal, as well as a healthy complement of locals, none of it stays around more than three or four days. Jacobsen pours out a mugful of the popular Jetstream Pilsener, pale gold and cloudy in the glass. I lift it to my lips with anticipation and taste: Budweiser. But the freshest, cleanest Budweiser I’ve ever had. It might be fine to drink after lawn mowing or during an all-day music festival, but it’s nothing close to an American craft beer.
Confession time: I have never loved German beer. I know, I know, it’s supposed to be the best in the world and all that, attested to by the 5 million-some pilgrims who descend upon Munich every autumn to celebrate the beverage in a riot of brimming steins and lederhosen. But to me, it’s always seemed a bit, well, boring. Beer snob? Guilty as charged. Give me a West Coast IPA with a piney nose and a solid malty backbone, and I’m in heaven. But I’m left cold by the dull triumvirate of Pilsener, Weiss, and Dunkel that dominates every bar in Germany.
But something has been stirring in Deutschland of late. As beer consumption has actually gone down a third in the past 25 years, drinkers across the country, especially in the more progressive northern cities of Berlin and Hamburg, have increasingly turned to American-style craft beers as a more flavorful alternative. Now here I was in the World Capital of Beer, Munich — where the history of beer goes back a millennium and tradition dies hard — to find out just how far craft beer has come. And to see if I can find a decent IPA.
Edited by leviramsey

Last night I was drinking some cans of Golden Hen. It's OK but for a canned beer is strangely flat. I have had it twice now. First time i wondered if there was something wrong with it but it was the same last night 

On 5/24/2016 at 15:59, leviramsey said:

EDIT: misquote... meant to quote the becuz Germany...  I'm rusty at this whole forum-posting lark.

Many American beer snobs would dispute that

I’M BARELY THROUGH BAGGAGE CLAIM before I enjoy my first taste of German craft beer. Munich Airport is, fittingly, the only airport in Europe with a microbrewery inside the terminal, serving freshly brewed beer in an enormous glassed-in biergarten. At the entrance, I meet braumeister Rene Jacobsen, who walks me back into the brewing operation, past a large, silver mash tun emanating the sweet smell of fermenting barley malt.
He serves all of his beer unfiltered, says Jacobsen, who prides himself on the quality of his ingredients, including the noble aroma hops grown nearby in the Hallertau region. Due to the heavy traffic in the terminal, as well as a healthy complement of locals, none of it stays around more than three or four days. Jacobsen pours out a mugful of the popular Jetstream Pilsener, pale gold and cloudy in the glass. I lift it to my lips with anticipation and taste: Budweiser. But the freshest, cleanest Budweiser I’ve ever had. It might be fine to drink after lawn mowing or during an all-day music festival, but it’s nothing close to an American craft beer.
Confession time: I have never loved German beer. I know, I know, it’s supposed to be the best in the world and all that, attested to by the 5 million-some pilgrims who descend upon Munich every autumn to celebrate the beverage in a riot of brimming steins and lederhosen. But to me, it’s always seemed a bit, well, boring. Beer snob? Guilty as charged. Give me a West Coast IPA with a piney nose and a solid malty backbone, and I’m in heaven. But I’m left cold by the dull triumvirate of Pilsener, Weiss, and Dunkel that dominates every bar in Germany.
But something has been stirring in Deutschland of late. As beer consumption has actually gone down a third in the past 25 years, drinkers across the country, especially in the more progressive northern cities of Berlin and Hamburg, have increasingly turned to American-style craft beers as a more flavorful alternative. Now here I was in the World Capital of Beer, Munich — where the history of beer goes back a millennium and tradition dies hard — to find out just how far craft beer has come. And to see if I can find a decent IPA.

American style craft beers: IPA -- Indiana Pale Ale :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/05/2016 at 06:32, il_serpente said:

Was at a Thai restaurant last night and had to try Chang beer after having seen it on Everton's shirt the past few years.  Give me Singha any day...

Singha is definitely my choice of Thai lager... although Chang has more kick, especially the locally brewed one in Thailand. 

On May 21, 2016 at 16:29, chrisp65 said:

CjAWq29WgAQIHMk.jpg

Oh my god. We do at least one bottle of this at the nascar race. Normally when everybody is flagging. "Release the kraken!" Can be heard before we pass t around and polish it off. 

• Like 1

On 12/06/2016 at 01:54, tonyh29 said:

I did a full day at Lords for the test match and then watched England down the pub with mates and drank Diet Coke and sparkling water all day

interestingly I realised at the end of the night just how much bollock people speak when drunk so I've vowed to never be sober in a pub again 

That sounds like a horrible experience.  I have never done much cricket but got into it a little bit with corporate doos and enjoyed it. Got thinking that when I retire (I am a LONG way off) I could do worse than a season ticket at Edgbaston to while away the summers. Then I thought what a total contrast is must be from a packed test or 20/20 to an empty stadium with one man and his dog PLUS you really couldn't get trollied every day of you would be a raging alcoholic/dead by the end of the first summer. So now it sounds like a stupid idea because cricket itself is fairly dull really. I think I'll go fishing instead 

Â