What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

• 5 weeks later...

Went for a drink in a wine bar where the staff supposedly know their stuff.

Initially drawn in by the mulled wine, she wanted to stop for another.

Not really into wine, it's sort of wasted on me. Generally I taste the first bottle. After that, it might as well be from Aldi.

There's also an association with searing hangovers, which generally sees the grape being avoided entirely.

Looking at the list, and not really fancying any of it, went for the lone sherry.

Logic being, if it's the only one they do, it must be good?

qosLq6a.png

It's quite lovely. We were both gobsmacked at how good it was.

Not for session drinking, but for the back end of a meal or a late night tipple? It's just the thing.

Off to buy half a dozen for Christmas presents.

I tried Einstock at the Dudley beer festival on Friday night, wasn't too bad.  Very refreshing after the amount of real ales I tried..  I needed something cold as it was boiling in that place.  Must be all the beards slowing the air down :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I tried Einstock at the Dudley beer festival on Friday night, wasn't too bad.  Very refreshing after the amount of real ales I tried..  I needed something cold as it was boiling in that place.  Must be all the beards slowing the air down :) 

It was all the hot air being spouted about fruity aromas, powerful cinnamon noses and a long lasting nutty finishes.

I had a pint of that beer that the hitspers drink, you know the ones with the beards and... yes that's them, hipsters, that's what I said. Brew Dog "Dead Pony club" that cost about (exactly) £4.50. It was OK, I suppose.

Four pound fifty. In't north...WTAF!. Hell in a handcart etc.

Kind of drink related, for Christmas I picked up a book for the missus (:ph34r:) in tesco called the rum manual, I've been reading it for the last 2 days on my dinner break, got a bit of the history of rum, got some cocktail recipes, more importantly in the back it explains the 5/6 different types of rum and tells you the best bottles of each, it's a cracking little book that I'm well impressed with 

Â