What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

On 12 June 2016 at 00:41, krisagg75 said:

thatchers 2015 vintage oak aged cider,7.4%.3 bottles for a £5 at tesco's.bought 6.lovely stuff.

Delicious but that stuff turns my brain to jelly very quickly

No idea what I'm drinking tonight - 'housewarming party' at our running club's new premises. Hoping against hope they'll have some decent ale. 

17 minutes ago, leviramsey said:

A variety of Woodchuck ciders

I didn't know they branched off doing unorthodox things, I might check this one out. I was never a cider drinker, but of them all, I liked Woodchuck the best.

And Vermont is the best kept secret in the world, by the way.

They have a seasonal mix pack out.  Their normal Amber (don't care to count up how many gallons I've had of it over the years), a summer one with blueberry, the Gumption (a mix of dry cider apples and sweet eating apples), and their Day Chaser, a semi-dry.

Woodchuck-Day-Chaser.png?resize=768%2C55

The Day Chaser is my pick of the bunch.

Of late, I've been preferring Angry Orchard's line to Woodchuck, but it's nice to see them firing back (especially with marketing that focuses on cider being their only game).

On June 17, 2016 at 11:49, mjmooney said:

No idea what I'm drinking tonight - 'housewarming party' at our running club's new premises. Hoping against hope they'll have some decent ale. 

What did they have, Holsten?

i found drinking over there to be hard work personally, most places did kronenburg and Heineken but their main beers like grimbergen are garbage, amazed at how hard it was to find places serving say vodka or bacardi for the missus to drink too, it was all martini and aperol, its hard to explain how bad aperol is, the shining light was they could pour drinks for shit, a vodka a coke tended to be half a pint of vodka with a splash of coke for colour

did try 3 new rums, angostura 1919, don papa and then an expensive one from a latin america country which is escaping me which was nice and smooth but angostura had a better flavour  

Â