Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

44 minutes ago, maqroll said:

And this is all happening because Trump is trying (and succeeding) in distracting voters from his Impeachment trial.

Sorry, world.

I was/am a fan of Trump if I'm fully honest as I believe that all the negativity we've been told about him is a result of the people in charge not getting their way.

However the more I see of this stuff that more I'm beginning to see what others have already seen. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

This hints at the possibility of de-escalation if Trump has any sense about him. He can walk away from this with the significant scalp of Soleimani.

Knowing Trump this will just escalate

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

**** idiotic man baby Trump and his cabal of Christian Dominionists. This is their doing. 

Yep, Pompeo is a total madman with zero empathy. Trump got his yes men and away we go now. 

**** it all to Hell

If this is anything like Lockerbie Trump's drones will be bombing Iran by tonight. Not at all smart by Iran, bombing two bases housing mostly European troops, with a heavy contingent of Scandinavians, Germans, French etc.

3 hours ago, snowychap said:

Grauniad:

3 hours ago, KentVillan said:

This hints at the possibility of de-escalation if Trump has any sense about him. He can walk away from this with the significant scalp of Soleimani.

He has no interests in deescalation, imo. I hope he proves me wrong. But history is not on the side of the optimists.

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

This sounds positive. Either the Iranians gave the US advance warning of the missile attacks, or they deliberately targeted them in such a way that casualties would be unlikely.

Yes, it sounds like the missiles were just a face saving exercise for the crowds so Iran can go back to the proxy warfare it knows best. 

This tweet makes it sound like Trump is also satisfied with that. 

Â