Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

If this is poker then it’s a very ballsy call.

The Iraqis leverage is now gone, if they go ahead and say they want the coalition out their country then it will look a lot like Syria in short order. If not, they’ll have to say so explicitly and quickly. Either outcome is probably acceptable for Trump.

Watching this play out in real time is mind blowing. 

47 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

What a load of fanatical numbskulls. 

Speaking of fanatical numbskulls, look at this bunch of crazed mullahs, slavering over the leader of the rogue state, sponsor of terrorism, urging him on to still greater regional hegemony.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

What a load of fanatical numbskulls. 

I knew there would be someone blaming the people killed, just like at Hillsborough. 

The fact is that any time you get very large crowds of people in one place crushing deaths become very common if proper crowd control is not in place. See also Roskilde Festival 2000 or Berlin Love Parade 2010.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I knew there would be someone blaming the people killed, just like at Hillsborough. 

The fact is that any time you get very large crowds of people in one place crushing deaths become very common if proper crowd control is not in place. See also Roskilde Festival 2000 or Berlin Love Parade 2010.  

Where does it say its their fault?

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

It’s the only way to interpret a post insulting a group of people who have just been killed in what was likely a terrifying crowd crush. 

No its not, certainly not the way I took it. Anyone attending such a thing is a fanatic, thats not to say its their fault they died

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

No its not, certainly not the way I took it. Anyone attending such a thing is a fanatic, thats not to say its their fault they died

I don’t have a problem with the sentiment in bold, I’d probably agree, but the post being discussed was a direct reply to news that a lot of people had just been killed. 

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

I don’t have a problem with the sentiment in bold, I’d probably agree, but the post being discussed was a direct reply to news that a lot of people had just been killed. 

Or was it just a comment on the sheer amount of people there as thats the way I read it

• Like 1

5 hours ago, peterms said:

Speaking of fanatical numbskulls, look at this bunch of crazed mullahs, slavering over the leader of the rogue state, sponsor of terrorism, urging him on to still greater regional hegemony.

WTAF.

Absolutely insane. Everything they said was a total joke, even Trump had to contain himself from laughing at some of it.

It scares me so much that these people are among us.

31 minutes ago, peterms said:

Seems consistent with US style, and entirely in character for Don Trump.

Interesting, and not implausible, but would be interested to know more about the sources involved. Is there any corroboration anywhere?

You get the impression that Trump has watched a few too many gangster films.

15 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Interesting, and not implausible, but would be interested to know more about the sources involved. Is there any corroboration anywhere?

You get the impression that Trump has watched a few too many gangster films.

I've not yet seen corroboration of the exact detail (though I have seen other accounts of Trump demanding Iraq's oil), but sometimes it takes time to emerge, and there would be a spinning operation to discredit anyway.

It certainly fits very well with other comments and threats Trump has been reported making over the course of years, but of course any false account would try to reflect that.

I'd say not yet proven, but entirely plausible.

Â