Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

Not like it has never happened before is it...

Hell there have been 3 or 4 cases of boeing planes bursting into flames on/immediately after take off in the past 6 months or so. Flights leaving from LA in november, Dakar in October, Washington in September all had engines burst into flames shortly after take off & sure there are also others

It's very rare. Also you're misrepresenting the highlighted case, the plane didn't 'burst into flames' there was a compressor stall due to birds getting sucked into the engine. A compressor stall is not necessarily the same as the aircraft bursting into flames, it's very different. Unless I'm very wrong on this, the entire plane in this case appeared to be on fire.

10 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's very rare. Also you're misrepresenting the highlighted case, the plane didn't 'burst into flames' there was a compressor stall due to birds getting sucked into the engine. A compressor stall is not necessarily the same as the aircraft bursting into flames, it's very different. Unless I'm very wrong on this, the entire plane in this case appeared to be on fire.

I didn't say the plane burst into flames. The engine in the LA one was shooting out flames although not on fire & and i guess that is where things can get unpredictable with regards to what happens next as the washington example again was apparently caused by compressor stalls before causing an actual fire. doesn't matter what starts it does it, bird, explosion or whatever. A fire is a fire and the outcome will not always be the same

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Haha 1

Iran at fault. What a surprise.

Why can't we just put Trump and Khameini in the actual china shop rather than letting them play with the security of the planet like the two elephants that they are?

Edited by magnkarl

It's where most my money was the whole time with a side bet on a Boing problem to cover losses

My only concern is that it's the US that are saying it, I'd like some relatively independent corroboration before I believe it 100%

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's where most my money was the whole time with a side bet on a Boing problem to cover losses

My only concern is that it's the US that are saying it, I'd like some relatively independent corroboration before I believe it 100%

Mine too, obviously good news for (American) Boeing...

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Justin Black-face in Canada saying their own intelligence service & the services of multiple partners have all confirmed it was shot down by an Iranian SAM, possibly (probably in my view) in error. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, peterms said:

Well, very obviously in error.  What possible purpose could it serve to do it deliberately?

They'd be on the highest alert and expecting to be hit by stealth aircraft following their missile attack on Iraqi military bases. They didn't hit the aircraft accidentally, but they weren't shooting at what they thought they were shooting at. Technically proficient in the kill, but a big whoops in target selection.

The people who need reaming are the authorities who allowed civilian aircraft to keep flying from Tehran, having just volleyed missiles at team Trump next door.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Awol said:

They'd be on the highest alert and expecting to be hit by stealth aircraft following their missile attack on Iraqi military bases. They didn't hit the aircraft accidentally, but they weren't shooting at what they thought they were shooting at. Technically proficient in the kill, but a big whoops in target selection.

The people who need reaming are the authorities who allowed civilian aircraft to keep flying from Tehran, having just volleyed missiles at team Trump next door.  

Yes, and of course the reason why they were on highest alert is...but the US and its chimp commander are blameless in this, I expect we will be told.

The people who need reaming are those who have created a state of war for no reason.

4 minutes ago, peterms said:

Yes, and of course the reason why they were on highest alert is...but the US and its chimp commander are blameless in this, I expect we will be told.

The people who need reaming are those who have created a state of war for no reason.

Oh, I know this one! Is it because they'd just fired 22 ballistic missiles at their neighbours? 

The original sin was 2003, but as we need to be a little more practical I'll go for balance sheet approach to try and figure out who might have created these tensions.

In the last six months Iran has: attacked oil tankers, taken political hostages, shot down US assets in Omani airspace, bombed the world's largest oil refinery, attempted to storm the US embassy in Baghdad and launched dozens of recent rocket attacks against coalition facilities in Iraq - resulting in the death of a US citizen and wounding of several more. Not to mention the 2000+ civilian protesters killed by Iranian militias in both their own country and in Iraq in the last few months.  

The US has: killed Qassem Soleimani, a highly accomplished practitioner of irregular warfare, terrorist planner and the butcher of Aleppo.

Interestingly, the assassination of Soleimani was the last of all the events listed above, so it wasn't the cause of them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

From the looks of it that one puts it without doubt that it was shot down.

I thought I read somewhere that the Americans said they detected 2 missile launches  .... don’t know if that’s confirmed but  if true it probably also confirms they watched the missiles being launched towards the Iraq air base the same night 

1 hour ago, Bugzy1991 said:

I don't know why I'm asking this but would everyone be dead in the air or would there be quite a lot of people alive whilst they watch themselves falling to the ground and die? :(

At 8000 feet and the pilots seemingly still trying to fly the plane I’d imagine they were mostly all alive until the point the plane impacted into the ground and turned into a fireball 

Â