Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

Just so completely despicable. I would like to know what's behind this mindset, my assumption is that it's supremacy, that there is an idea that God has designated some importance over all other people. Religions should not be allowed to run nuclear armed countries. 

Who wouldn't want a house on the beach? For some on Israel's far-right, desirable beachfront now includes the sands of Gaza.

Just ask Daniella Weiss, 78, the grandmother of Israel's settler movement, who says she already has a list of 500 families ready to move to Gaza immediately.

"I have friends in Tel Aviv," she says, "so they say, 'Don't forget to keep for me a plot near the coast in Gaza,' because it's a beautiful, beautiful coast, beautiful golden sand".

She tells them the plots on the coast are already booked.

• Sad 2

32 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Just so completely despicable. I would like to know what's behind this mindset, my assumption is that it's supremacy, that there is an idea that God has designated some importance over all other people. Religions should not be allowed to run nuclear armed countries. 

Awful human being, I had to stop reading the article earlier on the beeb website 

17 hours ago, Jareth said:

The far-right in Israel takes the cake.

If you don't want nuclear armed religious nations you'd need to cross 9/10 off the list, including our own, and leave China and North Korea with the only weapons. Would that be desirable? 

When the dust settles and Benny and his crew is on trial the nukes will likely be the only thing keeping Israel alive.

Edited by magnkarl

43 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

The far-right in Israel takes the cake.

If you don't want nuclear armed religious nations you'd need to cross 9/10 off the list, including our own, and leave China and North Korea with the only weapons. Would that be desirable? 

When the dust settles and Benny and his crew is on trial the nukes will likely be the only thing keeping Israel alive.

It's just not tenable to describe Britain as "run by a religion"  (and if we were, it'd apparently be Hinduism). France is also avowedly secular, and it's the only other European nation with nukes.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Jareth said:

This was the bulletin that I caught some of.  In the article where it states:

"She claims that Palestinians want to leave Gaza and that other countries should take them in - although in a lengthy interview, she rarely uses the word "Palestinian".
"The world is wide," she says. "Africa is big. Canada is big. The world will absorb the people of Gaza. How we do it? We encourage it. Palestinians in Gaza, the good ones, will be enabled. I'm not saying forced, I say enabled because they want to go."

...the interviewer pushed her a few times on the use of "Good Arabs" and asks something like "what about those who you don't deem to be 'good'?".  There's no comment other that "Good Arabs" will be forced out.

r.e: the bit in bold, it also had an interview with some bloke living in a settlement in the West Bank who basically said God has given the land to Israel.

We can discuss a far-right government as much as we want, but I imagine this is a fairly consistently-held line within Israel's people.  Religion, eh?

20 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

It's just not tenable to describe Britain as "run by a religion"  (and if we were, it'd apparently be Hinduism). France is also avowedly secular, and it's the only other European nation with nukes.

Both France and the UK run state churches. At this moment in time we're not too religious, but we're both two nations founded well in the Judaeo-Christian sets of beliefs and morals. Same with the US (albeit the US is a lot more open about it).

The point was that it's not necessarily religion that makes a crooked regime fire/threaten with nukes. Look at North Korea, the Soviet Union, China..

Edited by magnkarl

5 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Both France and the UK run state churches. At this moment in time we're not too religious, but we're both two nations founded well in the Judaeo-Christian sets of beliefs and morals. Same with the US (albeit the US is a lot more open about it).

The point was that it's not necessarily religion that makes a crooked regime fire/threaten with nukes. Look at North Korea, the Soviet Union, China..

Yeah, but you're twisting the original point Jareth was making, that religous lunatics (which the current Israeli government are) probably shouldn't have access to nuclear weapons. The UK having a state church really isn't the same as having a government with religious fundamentalists in key positions. I think it's fair to say that religion runs Israel, and maybe India and Pakistan and America too. It's not fair to say religion runs the UK, and especially not France.

Of course, there's plenty of other countries that also shouldn't have nuclear weapons for different reasons. But that doesn't disqualify the original statement.

Glad to see Ireland joining South Africa's case at the ICJ regrading Israel using famine as a weapon of war. Ireland can't be accused of being a Russian stooge. And now the ICJ have told Israel to allow aid through, in the necessary quantities. The UN need to enforce this. 

Not dystopian at all. 

Israel quietly rolled out a mass facial recognition program in the Gaza Strip

Corsight, a Tel Aviv-based company, built the tool to identify Hamas members. But officers say it’s often inaccurate.

Israel has deployed a mass facial recognition program in the Gaza Strip, creating a database of Palestinians without their knowledge or consent, The New York Times reports. The program, which was created after the October 7th attacks, uses technology from Google Photos as well as a custom tool built by the Tel Aviv-based company Corsight to identify people affiliated with Hamas.

The facial recognition program was built in tandem with Israel’s military offensive in Gaza, according to the Times report. After the October 7th attacks, officers within the Israeli military’s Unit 8200, the Israeli Defense Forces’ main intelligence unit, identified potential targets by watching security camera footage and videos Hamas had uploaded to social media. Soldiers also asked Palestinian prisoners to identify people from their communities who were affiliated with Hamas. 

Corsight, which has boasted that its technology can accurately identify people even if less than 50 percent of their face is visible, used these photos to build a facial recognition tool Israeli officers could use in Gaza. To further build out its database — and identify potential targets — the Israeli military set up checkpoints equipped with facial recognition cameras along major roads Palestinian used to flee south. The goal, one officer told the Times, was to create a “hit list” of people who participated in the October 7th attack.

https://www.theverge.com/2024/3/27/24114043/israel-facial-recognition-gaza-strip-corsight

Kinda think we all have to look at the fact that children are starving to death, on purpose, and question what sort of bastard could support that. And, it's Israel.

On 28/03/2024 at 19:40, Jareth said:

Glad to see Ireland joining South Africa's case at the ICJ regrading Israel using famine as a weapon of war. Ireland can't be accused of being a Russian stooge. And now the ICJ have told Israel to allow aid through, in the necessary quantities. The UN need to enforce this. 

Given the history of Ireland it's a country that has supported a two state solution in Israel / Palestine for a long time. But of course Ireland has zero influence and nobody cares or does anything to stop the Israeli genocide program. 

Netanyahu having hernia op today, hopefully he dies a slow painful death during the procedure.

Edited by villa89

The images and videos coming out of shifa hospital are sickening. You can now see the full result of the brutality and genocide in action.

The wording and focus of media coverage has shifted on this quite dramatically recently and I think following the failure of American persuasion, there will be a much more aggressive line in the media aimed at removing Netanyahu. 

I think it's really important that as the media focus changes to Netanyahu as a demon and Israel as the bad guys, we'll need to be more mindful than ever to throw a protective arm around Jewish people living in the UK - there's the possibility that those who want to make mischief will find opportunity in the new media focus.

• Like 1

We’ll also have to remember it’s no defence to say I was just carrying out orders.

it’s not just Netanyahu that is a war criminal, the IDF soldiers that have murdered tens of thousands also need to be hunted down, those behind 7th October also need to be hunted down.

Â