Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

It's absurd that a supposed ally can intentionally slaughter 3 British citizens there to prevent famine, and our own PM, nor next PM cannot say out loud how outrageous that is. Until there is an alteration to our support of Israel then they will absolutely carry on regardless, they will intentionally go further than this. I hold no hope that this will change soon, but I do hope it becomes a bigger issue at the next election, any politician will have to recalibrate when inevitably Israel do even worse things than this, they ain't stopping their religious battle anytime soon. 

Edited by Jareth
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I see the tide is turning with the media now white people have been killed. 

Even the scumpapers led with it.

23 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Leaders of Israel are becoming the very things they fear most.

I don't think they fear anything. They are in a rather strong position. 

I've found the handwringing and limp finger pointing over failures of 'deconfliction' pathetic. 

Perhaps Israel could stop flattening everything in Gaza with zeal instead. Maybe.

42 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I don't think they fear anything. They are in a rather strong position. 

In the context of Israel vs Gaza, of course they’re in a strong position, ironically enough it’s David vs Goliath, though roles reversed.

In the wider context though I’m not so sure, if they put themselves into a situation where they lose the backing of the west and become isolated in the region then they could be in real trouble long term.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

In the context of Israel vs Gaza, of course they’re in a strong position, ironically enough it’s David vs Goliath, though roles reversed.

In the wider context though I’m not so sure, if they put themselves into a situation where they lose the backing of the west and become isolated in the region then they could be in real trouble long term.

I think the Israeli rulers could all wear an SS uniform and shit on the US constitution and they would still not lose the backing of the west. 

Fair play to the founder of World Central Kitchen, the charity that the 7 killed were working for, he's just straight up said the Israelis did it on purpose and called out their attacking aid workers. Good man.

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I see the former Director of Labour Friends of Israel is now an official Israeli Government spokesperson.

It's almost like it's a lobbying organisation for a foreign state and shouldn't be anywhere near any politician, really. 

• Like 2

Just now, Chindie said:

It's almost like it's a lobbying organisation for a foreign state and shouldn't be anywhere near any politician, really. 

Some would say that’s a valid point that really needs some serious thought.

Others would say it’s a conspiracy theory about Israel and therefore anti semitic so your point is invalid and you cannot be a Labour MP.

• Like 1

In fairness I think I've clearly said '**** Israel' too many times to even set foot near a Labour Party facility.

And it's self evident that the concept of anti-Semetism has been ground into the dirt at this point.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, omariqy said:

I see the tide is turning with the media now white people have been killed. 

Yep, haven't about 200 odd Palestinian aid workers already been killed and got very little mention?

Things might change if the US and the west actually restrict or stops the supply of military weapons to Irasel but we will probably have to wait for another 5-10,000 deaths for that. 

We’re at a horrible point here where it dawns that tens of thousands of lives may have been saved if Israel had assassinated western aid workers a few months earlier.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yep, haven't about 200 odd Palestinian aid workers already been killed and got very little mention?

Things might change if the US and the west actually restrict or stops the supply of military weapons to Irasel but we will probably have to wait for another 5-10,000 deaths for that. 

Yes it's a great stain on us that in amongst the 30,000 dead a couple of hundred aid workers already lay cold from Israel's deliberate targeting of aid facilities, following in their long tradition of attacking aid facilities whenever they can.

They're a despicable nation and we should be ashamed we stand by them.

I just can't wrap my head around whoever thought it was a good idea to go after this vehicle when the WCK are known for being extremely tidy with everything they do (they've also been bombed by Russia in Ukraine). It's beyond me that it takes a supposed 'ally' to do something like this before we wake up. Israel is essentially pretty comparable to Russia at this point. I feel like both Benny and Vladimir is using the West's indecisiveness to do whatever they please, no matter if they're breaking all sorts of international laws.

At least the growing violent protest against the Israeli far right government is reaching new heights every day, both internally and externally. The only way to get out of this with any sort of reputation intact is if whoever takes over once Benny is kicked out of office starts criminal proceedings with the aim of delivering the culprits (defense minister, prime minister, head of armed forces, generals, targeting personnel) to the Hague, along with whoever they've got their hands on in the leadership of Hamas. The amount of suffering these two groups have created is a stain on humanity, and unless there's some actual proper reconciliation effort where Likud and Hamas' laundry is hung out to dry publicly this won't ever end.

Worse yet, Netanyahu is creating misery for every Jew who's not Israeli around the world. He's become what Bin Laden was for Islamophobia, for antisemitism. The guy who's crying foul for every little thing being AS is now the single heaviest proponent of the racism.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 3

Â