Pre-match chat

mjmooney

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

When I wear my lucky Villa socks WE ALWAYS WIN which is why I am totally chilled about it and just looking forward to the match, as should you. 

It's all good. 

Well mate you could’ve saved us an awful lot of time and loo roll if you’d just been considerate enough to have worn them 2 or 3 times more during the season ....ggrrrrrrrr.....

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Well mate you could’ve saved us an awful lot of time and loo roll if you’d just been considerate enough to have worn them 2 or 3 times more during the season ....ggrrrrrrrr.....

I know it was only when I worked out that the other identical set were impotent imposters and were bansished that we picked up again at the end of the season. 

• Haha 1

I've got a couple of mates who support Sheffield United, and they've been telling me for years what a stress-fest the playoffs are. Now I finally get it. 

I'm never overly confident when we play derbies against blues, wolves or WBA.  However, tomorrow's different and I must admit to being quietly confident that we will be playing in the Premier league next season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Feeling nervous now!

Such a big game - let's hope we do ourselves proud.

The Villa fans will be at Wembley in force tomorrow - let's do our bit and make it feel like a home match.

That is awesome.

All I can think about was the Liverpool game at Wembley. Liverpool came in thinking they were guaranteed a win and we played them off the park, I truly believe that even now after what has been a strong campaign that being the underdog suits us. Fulham are trying their hardest to make out that they are the top dog here which suits us perfectly. 

My post was obviously meant to get to some of you who would be likely to respond to it, but to be fair, it's a pretty accurate reflection of how I feel about this game.

We will dominate the game, I'm quite sure of that, but that view is held by many, including a lot of you guys.

Do I fear the current Villa team, no I don't, I honestly don't. I fear you somehow winning the game, because of course that could happen, but going into the game, I'm quite confident that Fulham are the better side.

Now obviously I realise that that's not something that a Fulham fan has been able to say very often in the history of football.

Villa are a far bigger club, they have more supporters, and they've won a lot of stuff, compared to our total of 0 trophies. nobody who supports Fulham would dispute this, but at this very moment in time, I think Fulham are better.

You complain about my arrogance, but reading through this whole thread, it's filled with digs about tin pot Fulham, their piss poor support, and other similar crap, and that's what I call arrogance.

Of course, it's an Aston Villa forum, so you are probably quite within your rights to say all this, but don't throw your toys out of the pram when you get just a little bit back.

Now, the bloody clappers, like one of your fans on this thread, I too am 60 next month, and at my age, I can't get my head around the bloody things, I hate them, and think they are embarrassing.

I hope all the fans enjoy the day, but in your case, obviously not the result, if you win, I'll gladly come on here and congratulate you,  because it's a game of football, hopefully nobody dies.

Until Saturday evening then, I'll either be ecstatic, or gutted, but if your admin allows me to comment one way or the other, then I will.