Pre-match chat

mjmooney

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

I got really drunk on whisky last night, I think I'm still a bit drunk, hopefully I'll be able to see the game from my castle thing in Perth, not Dundee like I thought it was.

I was walking back from a little walk in the highlands and I shouted something just to test the quietness and I scared a pheasant enough to make it fly into a fence - so I hope he's ok.

I've also got itchy ankles which makes me think the midges have got me. I trod in cow shit, that might be lucky, luckily it was dry. Took me ages to drive here too, like, 7 hours and it was so boring..

Oh and I helped push a tree over, that took ages and it was hard work, but it fell over in the end, as it went down I shouted "Timberrrrrr-ton!". It wasn't a particularly big tree, but I had to destroy the bark around the bottom of the tree to weaken it.

So on that basis I think sessenogn is 17. We have Terry who is more than twice that, add in Albert Adomah who is very friendly and nice to fans, minus Mitrovic who is considered an arsehole by his own parents and he doesn't score in the PL much, divided by Kodjia, who.has very elastic legs and I guess this means we'll win by a narrow margin of 1000 points.

As the players climb the steps, the arch over Wembley will fall over and reveal the 2 towers from the old Wembley, villa will laugh because we lost in the 2000 fa cup final and Benito Carbone will score the hat-trick again.  Dion nutted savage and Robert Pires will come onto the pitch with his zimmer frame and have a wave.  Patrick Berger will give his interview and tell us that he played for Liverpool and had a very hard shot and we'll all say "alright Patrick, we know you played for Liverpool and have a hard shot".

Mark Delany will carry on telling the kids how to play because he's a coach.  The ghosts of J Lloyd, Ugo, Dalien and Steve Staunton will spooky Sessengon because he's only 17 and that will distract him from his fast running.  I know Steve Staunton isn't dead, but he's very spooky and he played for Liverpool so he can speak to Patrick Berger about the Kop and that.

I like to keep my posts short and to the point so I'll say this; villa might win, lose or draw, so let's not chop any wood and burn it very much for a while, let's keep it simple like remembering 999 for the emergency services and it's useful to remember that if you're in America then it's not 999 it's 911 and I dunno other countries. I think it's 112 for local services but I've never really understood when I'm meant to use it so I keep trying every now and again.

Villa 1000 - Filtrum -1000 (minus)

Well at least that took my mind of the wait for a while.. why they put the game on at 5pm? That's a stupid time.

What was the name of that whisky?:)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Xela said:

Shitting myself

Not literally (although I nearly did last Friday at work but that is a story for another time)

Perfect time for another story, help us all with our nervousness haha. 

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

I got really drunk on whisky last night, I think I'm still a bit drunk, hopefully I'll be able to see the game from my castle thing in Perth, not Dundee like I thought it was.

I was walking back from a little walk in the highlands and I shouted something just to test the quietness and I scared a pheasant enough to make it fly into a fence - so I hope he's ok.

I've also got itchy ankles which makes me think the midges have got me. I trod in cow shit, that might be lucky, luckily it was dry. Took me ages to drive here too, like, 7 hours and it was so boring..

Oh and I helped push a tree over, that took ages and it was hard work, but it fell over in the end, as it went down I shouted "Timberrrrrr-ton!". It wasn't a particularly big tree, but I had to destroy the bark around the bottom of the tree to weaken it.

So on that basis I think sessenogn is 17. We have Terry who is more than twice that, add in Albert Adomah who is very friendly and nice to fans, minus Mitrovic who is considered an arsehole by his own parents and he doesn't score in the PL much, divided by Kodjia, who.has very elastic legs and I guess this means we'll win by a narrow margin of 1000 points.

As the players climb the steps, the arch over Wembley will fall over and reveal the 2 towers from the old Wembley, villa will laugh because we lost in the 2000 fa cup final and Benito Carbone will score the hat-trick again.  Dion nutted savage and Robert Pires will come onto the pitch with his zimmer frame and have a wave.  Patrick Berger will give his interview and tell us that he played for Liverpool and had a very hard shot and we'll all say "alright Patrick, we know you played for Liverpool and have a hard shot".

Mark Delany will carry on telling the kids how to play because he's a coach.  The ghosts of J Lloyd, Ugo, Dalien and Steve Staunton will spooky Sessengon because he's only 17 and that will distract him from his fast running.  I know Steve Staunton isn't dead, but he's very spooky and he played for Liverpool so he can speak to Patrick Berger about the Kop and that.

I like to keep my posts short and to the point so I'll say this; villa might win, lose or draw, so let's not chop any wood and burn it very much for a while, let's keep it simple like remembering 999 for the emergency services and it's useful to remember that if you're in America then it's not 999 it's 911 and I dunno other countries. I think it's 112 for local services but I've never really understood when I'm meant to use it so I keep trying every now and again.

Well at least that took my mind of the wait for a while.. why they put the game on at 5pm? That's a stupid time.

Miss you bud

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Leaving in a few hours or so 

Am veey much looking forward to it. I'll be the annoying guy waving the big **** off villa flag. So if you see it you know its me.

UTV please don't let us down  

I'll keep an eye out. I hope there's some text on it, a Villa flag with Demglish spelling will be easy to spot. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Sorry to say but... Sessegnon's 18 now ;)

Fulham will try and stretch our defense by attacking on the flanks and we should try to exploit the space left behind their fullbacks when they go forward.

Jedi will be crucial to fill in between Terry and Chester to avoid leaving too big and area for Mitrovic in the middle as our CB will have to help our wide defenders.

Key for us is to keep pressing then further up the pitch and not drop too deep with our more attack oriented players.

I've no worries about Terry directing our defense to do their part, it's the defending and attacking of the rest of the team that has me a bit worried as some of them are a bit on and off when it comes to form.

Have a feeling Jack will shine today and rise to the challenge in a bit way..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ismail-villa said:

Sorry to say but... Sessegnon's 18 now ;)

No he's not. 

When he was 12, he was doing a Ouija board with his grandad to try and speak with his dead man because they needed to tell her that his grandad was shagging about with Des O Conner back in the 70s when Des was recording at the ITV studios when it was called Central or summat.  His nan didn't know her husband was gay with Des, but on Sessesgnon's 12th birthday party one of his mates bought him the Des O Conner action figure and when he opened it and the family were around him, his grandad went bright red and when Sessengon asked him why, he looked down and saw that his Thomas was sticking right up. 

So he felt bad so they did the Ouija board on the 3rd moon of the year and basically Sessengon wasn't talking to his nan, it was Lucifer and he tricked them.  When Sessengon was talking he said "is it alright if I stay 17 forever" and Sessengon is just gonna be like that, even when the sun eventually absorbs Earth but he'll be ok because he also got tricked into saying he doesn't sunburn either.

He's a very clever lad really. But he's only 17, bless him.

Shut up @villarule123.

That's another 20 mins gone. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

No he's not. 

When he was 12, he was doing a Ouija board with his grandad to try and speak with his dead man because they needed to tell her that his grandad was shagging about with Des O Conner back in the 70s when Des was recording at the ITV studios when it was called Central or summat.  His nan didn't know her husband was gay with Des, but on Sessesgnon's 12th birthday party one of his mates bought him the Des O Conner action figure and when he opened it and the family were around him, his grandad went bright red and when Sessengon asked him why, he looked down and saw that his Thomas was sticking right up. 

So he felt bad so they did the Ouija board on the 3rd moon of the year and basically Sessengon wasn't talking to his nan, it was Lucifer and he tricked them.  When Sessengon was talking he said "is it alright if I stay 17 forever" and Sessengon is just gonna be like that, even when the sun eventually absorbs Earth but he'll be ok because he also got tricked into saying he doesn't sunburn either.

He's a very clever lad really. But he's only 17, bless him.

Shut up @villarule123.

That's another 20 mins gone. 

Learn something new everyday!

Irrelevant dream contribution: last night I realised we were losing 2-0, I yelled out "but who bought the parakeets!!" from my sofa in a villa park/Wembley hybrid and we then scored 2 in the last minute and we were both victorious. 

Going to the bookies now. 

Got wolves and blose fans at work.  The knuckledragger was on about Fulham all yesterday.  It's going to be unbearable if we lose. 

Plus the owner is a Shrewsbury fan so we really need to win!

So excited and nervous about this.  Will be having the first drink of many shortly!  The last time that we were in a match so important that genuinely felt like it could go either way (rather than us being clear underdogs) was probably the 2000 FA Cup final, so this is a strange feeling.

I'm sure all the fans there will do us proud, and the team too - it's also been a while since we had such a determined group.  UTV!

4 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I can't be there today as it's my parents 60th wedding anniversary and they're having a party.

Family of Villa fans so we'll have the TV on to watch it.

Could be an amazing double celebration tonight!

What was villa doing 60 years ago today?   And how dare your parents miss that too?   

• Like 1