New Manager Speculation

maqroll

9 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

This might be old news but SSN say that Dwight Yorke has applied... 

Would rather have Dwight Schultz or Thom Yorke 

Well Thom Yorke did say that he wanted to be the "special" one....

6 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

So there have already been two odds-on favourites in the space of two days with Moyes and then Henry today. And now it looks like Faria is about to join them - he was as big as 33/1 just four hours ago.

Just goes to show that the bookies' odds are worth ignoring completely.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I think i'd cry if Moyes was appointed

Not tear of joys btw!

Could not agree more - we've just gotten rid of one yesterday's man, surely the club would not take us down the same path twice - would they ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Just goes to show that the bookies' odds are worth ignoring completely.

Unless one is looking to possibly make/probably lose money, I see no benefit in referencing betting odds in relation to potential Villa managers. Many of the recent pages of this thread seem to indicate I’m in a minority.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, brommy said:

Unless one is looking to possibly make/probably lose money, I see no benefit in referencing betting odds in relation to potential Villa managers. Many of the recent pages of this thread seem to indicate I’m in a minority.

Ruia Faria 8/13 now. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, brommy said:

Well you’re not necessarily in the minority, but your odds are slipping. 

• Haha 1

I'm going to clean up in a big way here. I've just bet the farm on the DOF/Head Coach double announcement having become privy to some inside info and all the names mentioned are waaaay off. Edens has prevailed over Sawiris and persuaded him to go American, enthusiasm and solidity over sexy football.

It's Bruce Arena as DOF and Bob Bradley as Head Coach.

Imma trading the farm for Blenheim Palace. :lol:

:trollface:

Edited by privateer
  • Haha 1

I'd be worried if we appointed Faria. A bloke who's shown no ambition to be anything other than Mourinho's assistant for the past 16 years suddenly decides he fancies a crack at being number one himself. Can't think of any examples where this scenario has ended well. All feels a bit Di Matteo in the risk stakes.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, privateer said:

I'm going to clean up in a big way here. I've just bet the farm on the DOF/Head Coach double announcement having become privy to some inside info and all the names mentioned are waaaay off. Edens has prevailed over Sawiris and persuaded him to go American, enthusiasm and solidity over sexy football.

It's Bruce Arena as DOF and Bob Bradley as Head Coach.

Imma trading the farm for Blenheim Palace. :lol:

:trollface:

The minute you win, bet it all on Villa being relegated.  (this from an american by the way)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, chips'ngravy said:

I'd be worried if we appointed Faria. A bloke who's shown no ambition to be anything other than Mourinho's assistant for the past 16 years suddenly decides he fancies a crack at being number one himself. Can't think of any examples where this scenario has ended well. All feels a bit Di Matteo in the risk stakes.

I'm concerned myself. We need someone with established credentials as a solo pilot. This guy taking on a massive job like AVFC as his first flight? I fear it will prove to be just a bridge too faria.