New Manager Speculation

maqroll

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Always been Jose’s number 2.

Used to be a fitness coach but then became number 2 to Mourinho and followed him everywhere.

Never been a manager before but then neither has Henry or Arteta. 

Edited by One For The Road

24 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's baffling that anyone would deem it so impossible. 

We have not one but two of the richest owners in English football, one if which will know Arsene Wenger very well because he is very well connected at Arsenal. 

I would imagine Sawiris would be very very keen to get in Wenger and Henry, and if you are worth £8bn you tend to get what you want. 

You're obviously entitled to your opinion but I think people are equally as entitled to react to it. 

Whichever way you cut it, it's pretty far fetched. 

How old is Wenger now? Has he indicated anywhere that he's even considering anything other than retirement? 

I'd have him in the same bracket as Ferguson in that they both became completely institutionalised at their clubs, to the point that finding motivation to be a part of another club is inconceivable. 

Maybe I and others are wrong and you're right, hence you're entitled to your opinion but if you're seriously hoping for someone of Wengers ilk and stature then it's likely you may be disappointed when we come to making the hire(s).

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I wish I had been. Who’s idea was stoptober! 

WILDER IN!!!

I did Stoptober a few years ago. Went out with a mate on Halloween, he was driving, so we were doing he'd drink until midnight, but because I was doing stoptober I couldnt drink until after midnight.

We went up to the bar close to midnight so my mate could get one last drink, I forgot about stoptober, had a drink and checked my phone- I failed it by 10 minutes.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I swear to God this just happened. Fired up a game of Scrabble on my phone, and this was my opening set of letters: 

IMG_20181005_195825.png

Well he is worth more points there than Bruce got in the last couple of months.

Random Scrabble tiles IN!

Edited by One For The Road

42 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Just placed a nice lil sum on Faria so watch his odds not change significantly as the betting markets don’t work like that .... or do they ?

Faria now favourite on Willhill (2/1).

5 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Well he is worth more points there than Bruce got in the last couple of months.

Random Scrabble tiles IN!

Pretty sure that Cabbage scores 11.  So Ranieri out!!!

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I wonder whether we're trying to go for a "Name" rather than looking at an instant Championship upgrade with someone like Chris Wilder.

No great statement or upheaval, just a nailed on improvement may well be what we need right now.

I think it's fairly obvious we need an improvement :D 

So if Faria has been tapped up for a while and there is supposedly a link between our new manager and DOF - at least Man Utd's form can be explained.  Jose looking for a pay off before moving on to his new role..... ?  

18 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I swear to God this just happened. Fired up a game of Scrabble on my phone, and this was my opening set of letters: 

IMG_20181005_195825.png

Could be him - he's been told to look for a letter in the post!