New Manager Speculation

maqroll

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How far can he really take either club?  Let’s face it the ceiling for them both would be mid table premier league and even that would be a massive achievement for Cardiff.

With us he could be sold a long term project and assurances to be back considerably if get us back to the Premier League. 

Depends what you define as a long term project in football nowadays. Rodgers has never been longer at 1 club for more than 3 years. We have had 3 different owners in 2 years. Things change a lot .

15 minutes ago, Dick said:

I managed to get Henry at 12/1 when he was 3/1 on most other sites, fingers crossed 

The money for that bet came from betting 2-2 Preston at 2-0, then cashing out. Then 3-2 to Preston and cashing out, then 30p on 3-3 ?

For £1 Bruce might end up winning me £180.

Nice one. Henry odds on now most places. Best you can get is 2-1

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Godders said:

Ladbrokes clearly hedging their bets: have both henry and faria odds on

Faria was fake post originally (see my post few pages back) which made people bet big money on him! It won't be Faria

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

well, it was declared on sky this evening that Jose will be sacked this weekend.

could there be a further twist to our new manager?

Wouldn't want him anywhere near Villa Park he falls out with all his players just like Cabbage did!

Highly paid, over-rated and basically not very good anymore. Maureen can jog on!!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

well, it was declared on sky this evening that Jose will be sacked this weekend.

could there be a further twist to our new manager?

Yes. Bruce will be the New Messiah of Old Trafford when they appoint him next week. All part of the plan, he wasn't sacked by us, United bought out his contract and gave our FFP situation a fillip. :lol:

31 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Love a bit of this down Villa Park

Great Analysis

City play like that now with the way they stretch teams to create space. But it does help when you have some of the best players around. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

City play like that now with the way they stretch teams to create space. But it does help when you have some of the best players around. 

Well we have some of the best players in this division.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Love a bit of this down Villa Park

Great Analysis

Its great to say stuff on Sky but harder to organise it.  Gary Neville was the same and he was shocking manager

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Wouldn't want him anywhere near Villa Park he falls out with all his players just like Cabbage did!

Highly paid, over-rated and basically not very good anymore. Maureen can jog on!!

Oh my word. I was wondering how long til people started mentioning Mourinho. The only thing I didn't expect is for people to actually say they wouldn't want him. 

Well, don't worry mate, the chances of that clearly-not-good-enough for Villa manager coming here are not even 1 in a billion.

Mourinho? Lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its great to say stuff on Sky but harder to organise it.  Gary Neville was the same and he was shocking manager

That's a good point and I can't think of many pundits that have gone on to be good managers. I also can't think of too many good managers who have gone on to be pundits (World Cup coverage cameos aside).

The reason for that is probably that good managers have jobs as managers. Pundits are often there as they have retired from playing and either don't want to manage or can't get a managerial job. (Yorke for one)