New Manager Speculation

maqroll

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

I should clarify that I agree, BUT I heard a cynical voice in my head and was amused.  (I'll try to up my dose)

You hear the voices, as well?  And I thought it was just me.

19 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I don't think we will sign any of those names you just mentioned. And just because someone has low expectations given the club's decline in recent years, it does not mean they would not be elated if something amazing happened.

I want the best for the club but my expectations have been flattened in the last 4 years or so.

You are correct.  But since I can't be optimistic based on fact.  I'm enjoying myself in a fantasy land of hope.  Of course, I could always be even more delusional and dream of Pep, or Arteta.  ;)

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Can't see this being true, but wouldn't be against it. 

I saw a FB post from Kevin Gage the other day, basically saying that he hoped we didn't move for Wilder as they love him at Brammal Lane. (Gage now works for SUFC of course)

He is very highly rated up there and a possible alternative to Dean Smith if we want to go down that route. 

Could be a good shout.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I saw a FB post from Kevin Gage the other day, basically saying that he hoped we didn't move for Wilder as they love him at Brammal Lane. (Gage now works for SUFC of course)

He is very highly rated up there and a possible alternative to Dean Smith if we want to go down that route. 

Could be a good shout.

Wilder would be a breath of fresh air at Villa. I love his desire to play total attacking football. I think he's fully committed to Sheffield Utd though, and if he's lucky with injuries he could well get them promoted.

4 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Who is the Faria bloke, never heard of him until about 5 mins ago. 

Surname crossthemerseycozthislandsthelandilove I think.......

Edited by terrytini
#lastpieceinthejigsaw

2 hours ago, privateer said:

:lol: If we have provided the accommodation then that will give him an idea of the regard we are holding him in and where he is in the order of preference.

I've just seen Dwight Yorke being dropped off by a club rep at The Salvation Army Hostel.

In a beige Austin Maxi