New Manager Speculation

maqroll

25 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Moyes still has almost a year to go on his Man Utd contract!

So if he comes in, will we still be able to loan Januzaj? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I wonder if kmac's comments are more about getting players motivated for the game. 

Spot on DC, Kmac knows nothing about our next manager but needs to get the players up for the Millwall game.

As for Moyes, anyone who's had the patience to sit through a David Moyes managed match will know that he's yesterday's man. His turgid style of defensive (let's win 1-0, or at least not lose) football is so similar to what we've endured under Bruce. 

His career is the epitome of a bygone era where being tough and keeping it tight were sufficient to keep you in a job, until it was followed by a sharp slippery downwards slope when the rest of the footballing world moved on and left him behind.

• Like 1

Moyes is a completely busted flush, why would we risk trying to turn around the complete downward spiral his career's trajectory is on? Would be absolutely baffling to give him the job, for all the moaning about his style that would ensue, at least Big Sam has some recent pedigree of performing well in jobs at a decent level, whereas Moyes has had four mishaps in a row (granted he turned West Ham around slightly...after fans literally storming the pitch at one point).

I think all of the decent names mentioned like Rodgers and Fonseca are completely unrealistic, so I'm a bit pessimistic as to what might be coming next, but Jesus I think Moyes might be bottom of the pile for me.

So then, for those going to Millwall on Saturday, be on the look out for Eric Black, Steve Round and fat Keith. Then you'll know it's bloody Moyes! It's a proper old boys reunion! Maybe Mark Bowen can join them as well. Sweet mother of Jesus H Christ.

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

I think that we can certainly see that the media have zero idea wtf is actually going on behind the scenes. 

Agreed. I've got a feeling this is already done and just waiting to be announced. 

2 hours ago, sne said:

Dean Saunders thinks we should go for Neil Lennon :puke:

He was also one of Bruce's strongest backers...

Mentioned today in the "Sun" lol.

Not the man you need although his Celtic side was much better than Rodgers present one. 

He is a good manager ( at our level and League) but suffers from a degree of mental illness so don't know how he would cope with the pressures at Villa. He did have a go at Bolton a couple of years ago but financial constraints there cut that venture into the English Leagues short.

His number 2 is of course Gary Parker who some of your slightly more mature fans will remember from the Villa sides of the 90s.

• Like 1

Following on from KMac's comments, Brentford play Leeds at 12:30 tomorrow. Therefore, Dean Smith could be watching the game from the comfort of a hotel room, prior to final negotiations on Sunday. Just a thought.

2 minutes ago, newhavenhibby said:

His number 2 is of course Gary Parker who some of your slightly more mature fans will remember from the Villa sides of the 90s.

I must have watched him play dozens of games, and I don't remember the bloke for the life of me.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I must have watched him play dozens of games, and I don't remember the bloke for the life of me.

Think of a Mullet 10 years too late

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Played 93 times and scored 13 goals.   ( thanks to Wiki lol )

Edited by newhavenhibby