New Manager Speculation

maqroll

Just now, Kingman said:

Unlikely to say "Yeah there currently having tea and biscuits at The Mayfair"

Really ? - He is only 3rd coach to Martinez  - not assistant as widely reported . I don't why he would feel the need to keep it secret TBH - Henry is pretty open about his desire to move into management - so I would imagine he is expecting him to depart at some point.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Really ? - He is only 3rd coach to Martinez  - not assistant as widely reported . I don't why he would feel the need to keep it secret TBH - Henry is pretty open about his desire to move into management - so I would imagine he is expecting him to depart at some point.

If H has told Martinez in private then Martinez is hardly going to be breaking the news to the worlds press. 

Kind of an unwritten rule 

13 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Just placed a bet on Henry. It can't be Moyes. Rodgers isn't attainable imo. The guy from Shacktar just isn't happening. With all the smoke about Henry in the summer, I don't think that came from no where.

Nope, it came from the Daily Star

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kingman said:

If H has told Martinez in private then Martinez is hardly going to be breaking the news to the worlds press. 

Kind of an unwritten rule 

Managerial 'no 's' have a habit of being correct though. I can really only think of Big Ron and Lambert who were reported as not coming and eventually did. 

8 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Birmingham mail (through an article in The Scum) now reporting Rodgers is the preferred candidate. It seems to change on an hourly basis! The betting companies really are trying to Milk a much as they can before tomorrow's announcement. 

Wait, what?

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

....You expect him to be watching the Millwall game - rather than being in charge of Bournemouth ?

You've clearly fallen for the tripe VillaReport posted about him being at the game...that isn't what KMac said...

That said, I'm very much leaning towards your view that it isn't anyone in management currently, just due to the "apparent" speed of the process

Edited by MrBlack
Typo

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

BBC reckon Moyes is favourite, god I hope not

He's bookies favourite by a mile, but that's surely because he's available, has 'experience', has managed in the Prem recently and theyr're protecting against the easy option.