New Manager Speculation

maqroll

We had a cull in the scouting and recruiting department recently , followed by a cull of the manager and all his support staff

it suggest whoever is coming in has an entire support team to bring in with them ? (and yet still no leaks ) ...

We know a DOF appointment is imminent , who presumably will be responsible for sorting the scouting team and that network , but also has to work with the new manager  ,maybe even appoint him

I don't see Moyes or Big Fat Sam fitting that criteria

it gives a lot of credence to a Wenger / Henry type dream team but I just wonder if we are missing something obvious  ...

• Like 2

Looking at Villa’s current squad it would suit the way Moyes likes to play on the counter attack and he would have Villa more organised and balanced. He would also get the best out of what’s available and give the younger players a chance to shine. So I don’t think a Moyes appointment would be an unmitigated disaster when you also consider the impact on FFP.

That being said I’d much prefer Villa employing a more progressive style of manager like Rodgers for instance but Celtic would be looking for an extortionate compensation package.

Just now, striker said:

Looking at Villa’s current squad it would suit the way Moyes likes to play on the counter attack and he would have Villa more organised and balanced. He would also get the best out of what’s available and give the younger players a chance to shine. So I don’t think a Moyes appointment would be an unmitigated disaster when you also consider the impact on FFP.

That being said I’d much prefer Villa employing a more progressive style of manager like Rodgers for instance but Celtic would be looking for an extortionate compensation package.

Can't see it be Rodgers now - there would be a few weeks of Wrangling - and its looking imminent.

Henry/Moyes/Cavaralho  - can't see past those myself. 

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Moyes would certainly not be the "statement" that our new owners want to make with this appointment. If it is then I'm concerned for the long-term plans.

I got slaughtered for this a few pages bag. We know very little about the new owners. Its assumed based on not much that they are determined to make big things happen at this club.

The worry for me is that we are just another asset in their portfolio - IMO thats not so off the wall as some people think.

Edited by hippo

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Cavaralho 

You're getting closer! You've nearly got all the letters right, just need to work on the order ;) 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, hippo said:

Can't see it be Rodgers now - there would be a few weeks of Wrangling - and its looking imminent.

Henry/Moyes/Cavaralho  - can't see past those myself. 

I honestly think there’s been a lot going on in the background with Bruce having the look of a dead man walking over the past few weeks. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, striker said:

I honestly think there’s been a lot going on in the background with Bruce having the look of a dead man walking over the past few weeks. 

Yes - but would we be negoitating, with another club, with a manager under contract, with our own manager in place - all going under the radar - unlikely IMO.

2 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Arteta and Wenger DOF would be as obvious a duo to put together as Henry and Wenger as DOF.

I would much prefer Arteta and Wenger than Henry and Wenger.

However the only one out of the three I see wanting to come to Villa is Henry.

24 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Moyes would certainly not be the "statement" that our new owners want to make with this appointment. If it is then I'm concerned for the long-term plans.

They would lose most of the fan base before they even got started. Me included. It can't be Moyes. 

I think Moyes at the club in any position would be a step backwards. 

I have always liked Moyes as a man, but his managerial stock has fallen so far over the last 5-6 years I don't want him anywhere near the club.