New Manager Speculation

maqroll

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Leeds got Bielsa??? DAMMIT. well fairplay to them they have done their time in the wilderness. I guess we are taking their spot. Bloody hell our club has had a disastrous decade.

FTFY

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Leeds got Bielsa??? DAMMIT. well fairplay to them they have done their time in the wilderness. I guess we are taking their spot. Bloody hell our club has had a disastrous few years.

You ain't seen nothing yet ! 

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Leeds got Bielsa??? DAMMIT. well fairplay to them they have done their time in the wilderness. I guess we are taking their spot. Bloody hell our club has had a disastrous few years.

I'm told Bruce is the best possible manager we could possibly have gotten....

:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

paying him 6 million a year

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm willing to bet that Leeds won't be promoted with Bielsa. 

I am willing to bet Leeds fans will have more fun watching their team this season than us watching Villa.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

15 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I'm willing to bet he won't even be at Leeds by the end of the season.

Hmmmm, highly volatile club averaging more than 1 manager per season for a decade employs highly volatile manager known most recently for walking out on his clubs - as much as I'd love Bielsa under the right circumstances I can't help but feel he's trading off a reputation and securing quite lucrative contracts entirely on his terms. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I'm willing to bet he won't even be at Leeds by the end of the season.

surprised if he gets past October. though 2 days of pre-season is already longer than he spent at Lazio

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jareth said:

Hmmmm, highly volatile club averaging more than 1 manager per season for a decade employs highly volatile manager known most recently for walking out on his clubs - as much as I'd love Bielsa under the right circumstances I can't help but feel he's trading off a reputation and securing quite lucrative contracts entirely on his terms. 

My way or the highway approach if you will.

34 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

My way or the highway approach if you will.

It might appear that way but I don't think it's an accurate attribution. There was an article published about a relationship to one of his players that shows another side to him.

We are always negotiating and I would hope that a coach or manager have the ability to be demanding should a player or board member renege on their end of the deal.

I actually admire the low tolerance for a change in agreement, I've read that in all cases there were decisions made that would of been detrimental to Biesla's planning and what was achievable.

You have to be demanding to be an elite performer in a competitive activity.