Pre Match Thread

TheAuthority

I would play

Johnstone

Elmo---Chester---Terry---Taylor

Snodgrass---Hourihane---Grealish---Adomah

Grabban---Davis

And tell the defence to just get it away from our box. I think this line up is attacking but full of energy.

I'd like to see us get the ball out wide as much as possible to stretch Wolves. We will have to be solid, the midfield will have to constantly close down and chase the ball. Davis will need to be strong with Grabban being wily.

I think if he plays, Grealish will take the game to Wolves the way he did to Blues. Start him, that's always my philosophy, I can see the sense in introducing him later to tiring legs but I'd like to see if he can make an early impact.

Jedinak if needed, may be a game for Bjarnasson to come on and impose himself with a simple play.

It's going to depend a lot on our mentality. Defensive would just invite them on to us but there's a way to defend without being negative and that's to constantly impose a threat and that type of line-up would while having solidity at the back.

If we keep the ball away from our net and play the game as far up the pitch as we can, I shall say 2-0 Villa with Hourihane getting both. :flag:

Image result for teamwork gif

• Like 1

Wolves are clearly a premier league side playing in the championship, we talk about how much we need to improve the squad if we go up.. which is exactly why I think Wolves will take this 2-0.

Thats not being negative, I think we have what it takes to clinch 2nd in the 10 games remaining after this game by taking 22-25 points from them, we only got Cardiff & Derby at home - every other team we play is out of the top 10. Let's hope blues can do over Cardiff with a new manager bounce.

Edited by Junxs

4 hours ago, 8pints said:

I would play

Johnstone

Elmo---Chester---Terry---Taylor

Snodgrass---Hourihane---Grealish---Adomah

Grabban---Davis

And tell the defence to just get it away from our box. I think this line up is attacking but full of energy.

I'd like to see us get the ball out wide as much as possible to stretch Wolves. We will have to be solid, the midfield will have to constantly close down and chase the ball. Davis will need to be strong with Grabban being wily.

I think if he plays, Grealish will take the game to Wolves the way he did to Blues. Start him, that's always my philosophy, I can see the sense in introducing him later to tiring legs but I'd like to see if he can make an early impact.

Jedinak if needed, may be a game for Bjarnasson to come on and impose himself with a simple play.

It's going to depend a lot on our mentality. Defensive would just invite them on to us but there's a way to defend without being negative and that's to constantly impose a threat and that type of line-up would while having solidity at the back.

If we keep the ball away from our net and play the game as far up the pitch as we can, I shall say 2-0 Villa with Hourihane getting both. :flag:

Image result for teamwork gif

Neves would absolutely run through that midfield there will be no one yo win the ball back for us.

It has to be jedinak or bjarnason for davis in my only change to your team. Rest looks good

Bruce better stick a defender on the bench this week. If we pick up a injury in that area wolves will tear us apart. They will know we don't have any cbs or defenders and take advantage of this.

Samba has to be on the bench

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wolves' form has been patchy in 2018 and beating a Leeds side comfortably that has won 1 in the last 12 was about as impressive as us beating a moribund Sunderland. 

I see no reason for us to fear them with Grealish, Adomah, Snodgrass and Grabban on song. Much will depend on Bruce's approach, and we know he doesn't like throwing caution to the wind. My confidence in us getting a victory will swing on whether he plumps for Jedi or Birkir. I think it has to be Birkir if we want to take the game to them. 

My main grumble is Taylor. He plays sideways or backwards whenever he gets the ball. Combine that with Jedi and that's a real weakness in trying to break out from the back. Unfortunately, we have no option in his position at the moment so him it is.

Come on you Villa boys!!!!

• Like 2

I would imagine he'll go back to 4-3-3 now that Jack is back.

Our most important players are Grealish, Snodgrass and Adomah - they need backing up with Jedinak and Hourihane in CM who can win the ball, Elmo to continue his good work with Snoddy, Grabban in as our lone loan striker. 

17 hours ago, Wolf man said:

I commented before the first game which played out quite well to what i said ,  so just thought it would be only right to give you my opinion for the second clash . 

Villa have improved from the last time we met ,and do think you can cause us some problems,  especially with your record at villa park , and the crowd behind you . You will have to get off to a fast start,  and most certainly have to score first and defend like your lives depended on it . Hutton was a class act the last time you played us and saved your bacon on more than one occasion. Shame  he won't be fit for the return match . 

The problem you will have is , I don't think you will be able to cope with our attacking flair once again . The Keith wyness and villa situation will certainly have our players fired up, with no nuno team talk required , and with jota , bonatini and cav upfront , we are more than capable of dishing out demolition job. 

Wolves will score goals I have no doubt about it , and you have caught us at just the wrong time with the demolition of Leeds in our previous match and our best player neves chomping at the bit,  back into the fold. I think the best you can hope for is a score draw , and that's if you can get at our back 3 with grealish or adomah . Danny bath is not the quickest of defenders (hint hint )  but great in the air and doesn't sherk a tackle . Coady has been superb this season and big willy boly is first class , so don't expect any change out of them . 

Looking forward to the match which is  hopefully a sell out with a great atmosphere. I would fully expect some mendez chants along with Keith wyness ones too , all in good humour of course. :) Good luck sat and for the rest of the season as you will need it . ;)  UTW 

Certainly the dumb side of what we do.....some of the stuff some of our people come out with is the best motivating material for the opposition.....will we ever learn.;)

as for the rest....It depends whether you want to cherry pick games like the Leeds game or pick the bones out of the Fulham Game......If its the Fulham game you wish to settle for, I wouldn't get quite so cocky if I was you.

32 minutes ago, a m ole said:

The best we can hope for is a score draw?

:lol:

I assume he means if Grealish and Snodgrass and Adomah get injured in the first 5 minutes. 

18 hours ago, Wolf man said:

The Keith wyness and villa situation will certainly have our players fired up, with no nuno team talk required.

Are you the kind of team that plays better when you're fired up?

For some teams being able to play their game relies on them not getting too emotional - Man City for example are worse when they're fired up and better when they're just playing and enjoying themselves. 

Given your Portuguese influence and the Portuguese national footballing culture (essentially cheating), I wonder if your being fired up might help us more than you.

Whichever, you'll be bringing a lot of quality and it will be tough for us - but with the worst referee in the Championship taking control today, I wouldn't necessarily say that being fired up is a strength.

• Like 1

No **** about today. We are at home with a big crowd behind us, so no negative shit. Go straight at them. They are a very good team at this level, but we aren't to bad either. The team need to keep the fans onside, and if they do, then it could make the difference. Blues couldn't handle villa park the other month, so let's make it loud and hostile. It's a pity we can't lob brick ends on the pitch anymore, but times have changed ;) Grealish, we need you today. Come on villa 

UTV

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

No **** about today. We are at home with a big crowd behind us, so no negative shit. Go straight at them. They are a very good team at this level, but we aren't to bad either. The team need to keep the fans onside, and if they do, then it could make the difference. Blues couldn't handle villa park the other month, so let's make it loud and hostile. It's a pity we can't lob brick ends on the pitch anymore, but times have changed ;) Grealish, we need you today. Come on villa 

UTV

We go straight at them and i guarantee you neves and cavaliero pick us off, jota skins us and we are 2 down after half an hour. When we get chances we must take them , obviously but this is not the team to play against thinking we are billy big balls. Im actually for a cautious approach today. Theyve been top all season for a reason.

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Jedinak should play in front of back 4 and kick lumps out of continentals that don't like a physical game. Can't believe people think Thor will do a job. He's too lightweight

Jedinak is too slow to get near enough for the lump kicking.