Pre Match Thread

TheAuthority

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Jedinak should play in front of back 4 and kick lumps out of continentals that don't like a physical game. Can't believe people think Thor will do a job. He's too lightweight

I don't think this theory actually exists anymore. 

• Like 3

I know this will never happen... but i would put Lansbury in today.  I would move Hourihane in the deeper role to protect back four and Lansbury in the Hourihane role.

I just think we need that crazy sort of player that would just snap at everything in midfield. Yes this is Jedinak but i just think he will be too slow in this game. BB is quicker and more mobile but doesnt have the bite. Lansbury will have something to prove and he gets really stuck in when playing in CM. We also havent seen much of him in a team with a bit of confidence. We need mobility and players who can pass and retain the ball. Wolves wont pose too much of a physical threat or aerial threat to require Jedinak. 

We need to really press from the front and midfielders to press theirs and not give them time on the ball. 

Johnstone

Elmo---Chester---Terry---Taylor

Hourihane ----Lansbury

Snodgrass----Grealish---Adomah

Grabban

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

I’ve played with and against guys from Portugal and they certainly aren’t afraid of a bit of rough!

As JohnnyP says, playing the ball today will be important, keep a tight back line and let Grealish, Adomah, Snod, Hourihane and Grabban work their magic.

I have a good feeling today.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

I’ve played with and against guys from Portugal and they certainly aren’t afraid of a bit of rough!

As JohnnyP says, playing the ball today will be important, keep a tight back line and let Grealish, Adomah, Snod, Hourihane and Grabban work their magic.

I have a good feeling today.

Thats why i think playing Mile is a bad idea. We need BB or i think Lansbury

• Like 1

Just now, KSV said:

Thats why i think playing Mile is a bad idea. We need BB or i think Lansbury

I’d go with B.B. but wouldn’t be against putting Henri in, he’s got an engine and the most important thing against players with good feet is to keep moving with them and stay a yard in front, block off the pass and move them into a corner where you can poke the ball away. Divide and conquer!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

We go straight at them and i guarantee you neves and cavaliero pick us off, jota skins us and we are 2 down after half an hour. When we get chances we must take them , obviously but this is not the team to play against thinking we are billy big balls. Im actually for a cautious approach today. Theyve been top all season for a reason.

Basically I don't want us to play like we did at their gaff, which was play cautious, and give them too much respect. We have players that can hurt them too. Let's do nothing silly, but take the game to them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Basically I don't want us to play like we did at their gaff, which was play cautious, and give them too much respect. We have players that can hurt them too. Let's do nothing silly, but take the game to them. 

This. Plus we are at home. As Bruce always says.. the onus is on the home team. 

1 minute ago, KSV said:

This. Plus we are at home. As Bruce always says.. the onus is on the home team. 

The onus is on Bruce to give the players licence and not micro manage them from the sidelines. 

12 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

You couldn't be more right , at least someone is speaking some sense ! All the best and good luck today , may the best team win !!! UTW

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KSV said:

I know this will never happen... but i would put Lansbury in today.  I would move Hourihane in the deeper role to protect back four and Lansbury in the Hourihane role.

I agree, I was thinking the same thing myself. I think Bruce needs to do something that Wolves won't be expecting. Putting a good player with a point to prove in there could disrupt them. 

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Cardiff are 2 up. That will leave them 7 points Infront of us. We really could do with 3 points today, even more so.

And if we beat Wolves leaves Cardiff 3 points away from them. A win today and it's a massive psychological blow to the leaders in all ways. 

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

And if we beat Wolves leaves Cardiff 3 points away from them. A win today and it's a massive psychological blow to the leaders in all ways. 

Cardiff are starting to ask questions of us both. 3 up now, so game over. The pressure has gone up even more for this game.