Pre Match Thread

TheAuthority

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think that's exactly why we HAVE to play 3 in midfield. A midfield 2 will get torn apart against Wolves.

If we go 4-4-2 we'll lose. Badly.

I agree.

Sorry stevo, i think we are at cross purposes.....i meant 3 in total.....someone mentioned 4-3-3.....i took that as 2 wingers playing in the front 3, leaving just 3 players in midfield.

I guess its all as long as it is short, because we both have the same number of players.......so its down to who wins their respective battles and who imposes their game on who.

Wolves play their 2 full backs further forward making up a 4 in midfield and 3 x 6 ft plus defenders at the back.

we need to set up to be aware of this.....I'm sure we will.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Adomah and Snodgrass are going to have a busy day @TRO. Lots of ability with Cavaleiro/Jota/Costa/A.N.Other getting at Elmo and Taylor who I think you're right to be a bit concerned about. You're right to worry about their strength's out wide. I seem to recall Adomah having a bit of a torrid time at Molineux. Douglas looks like a decent player every time I've watched them this season. How Adomah and Taylor cope with Cavaleiro and Doherty is going to be a key area for me.

Last time out Bruce went for it off the back of our first decent run playing 442 and he doesn't like to change a winning team does he? We were never at the races really. Taylor in for Hutton, whoever in for Kodjia and Jedinak or BB in for Whelan are the forced changes from that day -. Grealish in for Davis makes it much more interesting though.

We're at home, no build up is needed - it's massive. We have a much better chance against them this time I think. All eyes on Jed/Hourihane/Grealish. If they can get at N'Diaye or Saiss and Neves we'll have a chance. Everyone who has taken points off them this season has either matched them with wingbacks (Norwich + Sheff Utd) or packed the midfield with 5 somehow (with the exception of Millwall 442 and Sunderland 541)

Bring it on.

• Like 1

We have players that can cause them problems......if they can get free to do so.

i always believe you are only as strong as your weakest link......Personally, i think we have 2 weak links at full back.They dither and are indecisive.

sorry.

Ps However, you are spot on the crowd will be crucial..

Edited by TRO

You? :blink:

Lol @TRO if you're going to lose the faith we're all ******!

We'll drag you through the tickly bit. :P

I'm sure the negativity will flow if/when we lose again between now and the end of the season! No need to get involved :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, VILLAMARV said:

You? :blink:

Lol @TRO if you're going to lose the faith we're all ******!

We'll drag you through the tickly bit. :P

I'm sure the negativity will flow if/when we lose again between now and the end of the season! No need to get involved :)

I'll be ok when I get in the ground.

If our lads are "at it" like we was against Bristol, we will be ok.

I have kind of understood SB playing cautious this season.....but tomorrow, we need to go after them, it will be our best form of defence.....we simply cannot stand off this lot and let them play.

Fulham clearly showed US What we have to do.

• Like 1

I commented before the first game which played out quite well to what i said ,  so just thought it would be only right to give you my opinion for the second clash . 

Villa have improved from the last time we met ,and do think you can cause us some problems,  especially with your record at villa park , and the crowd behind you . You will have to get off to a fast start,  and most certainly have to score first and defend like your lives depended on it . Hutton was a class act the last time you played us and saved your bacon on more than one occasion. Shame  he won't be fit for the return match . 

The problem you will have is , I don't think you will be able to cope with our attacking flair once again . The Keith wyness and villa situation will certainly have our players fired up, with no nuno team talk required , and with jota , bonatini and cav upfront , we are more than capable of dishing out demolition job. 

Wolves will score goals I have no doubt about it , and you have caught us at just the wrong time with the demolition of Leeds in our previous match and our best player neves chomping at the bit,  back into the fold. I think the best you can hope for is a score draw , and that's if you can get at our back 3 with grealish or adomah . Danny bath is not the quickest of defenders (hint hint )  but great in the air and doesn't sherk a tackle . Coady has been superb this season and big willy boly is first class , so don't expect any change out of them . 

Looking forward to the match which is  hopefully a sell out with a great atmosphere. I would fully expect some mendez chants along with Keith wyness ones too , all in good humour of course. :) Good luck sat and for the rest of the season as you will need it . ;)  UTW 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

No pressure tomorrow, Villa will be relaxed and I think we will nick this 1 nil. 

I think we'll concede at least two. Hopefully Jack, Albert and Snoddy will be able to counter that, and then some.

My predictions.

3-2. But no idea which way.  Somebody will get a lucky break.  

Thor will score   

If we win this we will go up automatic,  we lose this we will enter the playoff lottery.   If the automatic are wolves an Fulham, we’ll go up in third   If it’s any other two, we will stumble in the playoffs

the sun will come out tomorrow   

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I would take a draw now... but I think we can win.

A draw is a good result vs a team more than good enough for the top half of the PL. But a Cardiff win vs b'ham, and we are 6 points behind. 

I take a loss now, if Fulham and Cardiff take no points either.

21 minutes ago, villa82 said:

A draw is a good result vs a team more than good enough for the top half of the PL. But a Cardiff win vs b'ham, and we are 6 points behind. 

I take a loss now, if Fulham and Cardiff take no points either.

I know what you’re saying, although I wouldn’t phrase it quite like that! 

If the point difference between Cardiff, Villa and Fulham is still the same this time tomorrow, then on balance, we’ll probably be the happiest of the three.

• Like 1

There's nothing better than an unpredicted moment which signifies where the season is going. Which is why tomorrow won't be a 0-0. We will literally be chasing down the league leaders or resigned to play-offs. Pure drama. 

I cant make a prediction on this one. My heart is beating the crap out of my head, and I just want a win at all costs.