Pre Match Thread

TheAuthority

7 minutes ago, Hornso said:

I think Wolves will have too much for us I'm afraid, but if we can pull this one out the sky's the limit for the rest of the season.

Sadly, i agree.

I think we are weak at fullback for this level of team, both defensively and offensively.....but we can hope.

8 hours ago, TRO said:

Can't play 3 in midifield, we simply don't have dominant enough midfielders for that. However,What we do on the flanks will determine our outcome.

Well 4-3-3 (as in 4-1-2-3 which is what we would play but that’s not a thing people say so I stuck with the basic!) really isn’t that much different from 4-1-4-1 if the wingers track back properly, other than winger starting position being slightly further forward in the former.. Depends how much we want to go onto wolves from the start - obviously you’d fancy our wingers chances against Wolves outer centre backs (although maybe not so much Boly as he is a very good player), but there will be a wing back going back the other way who needs some serious tracking so I’d be surprised if our wingers didn’t spend a lot of time in their own half whatever you want to call the system.

Come on guys we are a different opponent at home, wolves are not unbelievably good where they can keep grealish quiet, and adomah quiet if they playing to their ability. we had the added talent of grabban. i think wolves wont find it easy.

• Like 3

If we don't push up the pitch and pressurise their back 3 then we play the game in our own half and give wolves the advantage of numbers, given the likely formations. For me this type of game exposes our weaknesses , lack of possession and tendancy to fall back into our own half .

I would like to see two forwards on the pitch , Davies for his physical presence and Hogan  for his workrate. This would leave us exposed in midfield or defense but should mean we play higher up the pitch. We won't though.

A narrow loss or a draw is my prediction. UTV

10 hours ago, TRO said:

Can't play 3 in midifield, we simply don't have dominant enough midfielders for that. However,What we do on the flanks will determine our outcome.

I think that's exactly why we HAVE to play 3 in midfield. A midfield 2 will get torn apart against Wolves.

If we go 4-4-2 we'll lose. Badly.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think that's exactly why we HAVE to play 3 in midfield. A midfield 2 will get torn apart against Wolves.

It will be 3 now Jacks back!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

i think we will. its whether he drops hogan for grealish. i think grabban has done well on the shoulder but think its best we drop hogan for this one an dplay grabban up top. he can be  areal handful 

We need to play the 4411 formation with Jack behind Hogan or Grabban. I think Grabban on current form.. but Hogan would suit it better as hes quicker and presses higher up the pitch. 

We need MIle to literally sit infront of the back four. Hourihane and Jack to get the ball and move it to wide players to attack. Stay compact in defence. Take our chances. Win the match. 

With the Freakish Gresford and a 4-1-4-1, with Thor as the one in front of the back four and Grabban the 1 in front of the midfield 4, then we have a chance. As long as we don't get **** Ole'd again by the dingles then that's progress I spose, I'd take a point but 3 would hopefully get on a run that ends in automatic promotion.

SHIRLEY this will be second only to the noses game (41,233) for attendance?  The 2 Sheffields (Utd & Wed respectively) are sitting 2nd & 3rd.  Kick off time and TV shouldn't be a problem.  The Sheff U game was also Saturday 5:30 on TV and it has 35,210.

(Safely) Assuming Grealish starts, I'm expecting a win here.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BOF said:

SHIRLEY this will be second only to the noses game (41,233) for attendance?  The 2 Sheffields (Utd & Wed respectively) are sitting 2nd & 3rd.  Kick off time and TV shouldn't be a problem.  The Sheff U game was also Saturday 5:30 on TV and it has 35,210.

(Safely) Assuming Grealish starts, I'm expecting a win here.

I love your confidence Bof - we looked pretty good when Grealish came on against Sunderland, so with him we definitely have a chance. I also watched highlights of Sheff Utd's demolition at the feet of Neves et al, with their slick inter-passing and had to appreciate the sophistication. On that performance alone, it does appear that they have more naturally technically gifted players, (by contrast with our quirky, hot and cold ones), but that doesn't mean we can't win or shouldn't try taking the game to them.  

9 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I love your confidence Bof - we looked pretty good when Grealish came on against Sunderland, so with him we definitely have a chance. I also watched highlights of Sheff Utd's demolition at the feet of Neves et al, with their slick inter-passing and had to appreciate the sophistication. On that performance alone, it does appear that they have more naturally technically gifted players, (by contrast with our quirky, hot and cold ones), but that doesn't mean we can't win or shouldn't try taking the game to them.  

Flair can be powder puff at times, and Wolves are just over a wobble.  An effective, confident and pragmatic side could cut right through them if they believe in themselves.  I believe in our strengths when we have the right side on the pitch, and I believe we can beat anyone in this division.  One thing's for sure, this is going to be very tense.  What a massive game :D

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BOF said:

Flair can be powder puff at times, and Wolves are just over a wobble.  An effective, confident and pragmatic side could cut right through them if they believe in themselves.  I believe in our strengths when we have the right side on the pitch, and I believe we can beat anyone in this division.  One thing's for sure, this is going to be very tense.  What a massive game :D

I've been tense since weds more or less, I announced to the family that as far as they were concerned if they didn't want to watch it with me, it was to be assumed I don't exist from 18.30* on Saturday for a couple of hours! Only my 3 year old girl wants to watch it with me!

*I'm an hour ahead....

Edited by romavillan
timezones
  • Haha 3