Pre Match Thread

TheAuthority

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Basically I don't want us to play like we did at their gaff, which was play cautious, and give them too much respect. We have players that can hurt them too. Let's do nothing silly, but take the game to them. 

Exactly this. We're Aston Villa playing at our own ground, we have to play to win the game. I can't be having all this, a draw will be a good result, especially with all the recent euphoria. Let's play with the mentality of nothing but a win .

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Nothing wrong with the selection  then.

Id have preferred  Birkir to Jedi for his mobility but I see the case for a tough player in there, Wolves are not soft. Assuming we sit deep Jedi shouldn’t get exposed.

4-2 the Villa !

Yeah I would have wanted BB rather than Jedi but it's pretty much the side most people wanted. Big game for the Freakish Gresford, if he's on it and can get us going up front we've got a chance to upset the bookies a bit....

I hope I'm wrong, but Jedinak rather than Thor looks like a more defensive, cautious game plan where we set deep.  Sitting deep, means that it will be up to grabban to hold up the ball for others, or make something happen himself.  It sorta wastes the talent of Grealish, Adomah and Snodgrass.  I will admit that Bruce's tendency to prefer the cautious also plays into my fear.

Again, I hope I''m wrong and Grealish, Adomah, and Snodgrass are encouraged to get and stay forward and trust the rest to defend.