Questions for the seniors

lapal_fan

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Outside toilets aren't great when you have to sleep in them in sub zero temperatures early on New Years Day  dressed as a Nun 

Presumably better than there being no outside toilet.  When pissed on New Years Day, dressed as a nun.

4 minutes ago, Risso said:

Presumably better than there being no outside toilet.  When pissed on New Years Day, dressed as a nun.

Yes obviously but its still not GREAT is it, what would have been great was if my mother had woken up to let me in as arranged!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats my period as a kid and I have to say i loved it. THE 90S were great although the fashion then baggy jeans and clothes oh dear :D

Give me a pair of baggy jeans over skin-tight jeans with elasticated leg bottoms any day of the week.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Us seniors can't even have a thread without it being hijacked - growing up in the 90s? You're still children!  :)

In fairness, I think it’s greatly underestimated the hardships we had to endure when growing up in the 1990’s.

39 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Pfft slow modems. Try waiting 15 minutes for a game to load on your commodore 64 ;P

Same for my ZX Spectrum

There's 8 games on this tape. Oh, you want to play the 8th game on it? Well you've got to load up the other 7 first you word removed.

Oh and careful you don't stop the tape 1 second early, or 1 second late; otherwise you're starting all over again!

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

The house I grew up in (and now own) had an outside loo until about 2003. And that was the only loo.

My house has an outside loo. Like @mjmooney says, it's full of spideys, and has also had a resident mouse and various other critters. 

2 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Pfft slow modems. Try waiting 15 minutes for a game to load on your commodore 64 ;P

My favorite game was "Aztec Challenge" and it would take 45 mins to load!

You would call up your mate, tell him you started the load, go out the back and play footy for a bit. When he got to your house about an hour later, cross your fingers that the load hadn't crashed. It was a technological wonderland.

4 hours ago, bickster said:

Outside toilets aren't great when you have to sleep in them in sub zero temperatures early on New Years Day  dressed as a Nun 

And there is you saying you don't like New Years Eve! 

In a way I'm glad I grew up in an era that never had widespread internet usage or mobile phones. I think it got me out more and also made me read more as well. Nights out were organised on landlines and everyone arranged to meet at a certain time in a certain place (9pm in Circo Bar being the usual!)

I never went on the net until I was about 18, the same age I had my first mobile (a NEC DB2000), which would have been 1997/early 1998. I can see how kids nowadays are more isolated with the technology. Slaves to social media and keeping up appearances on the net 24-7. 

I believe the Internet is the strongest force for evil in the world, and for all its benefits it has far more drawbacks. 

Internet companies need to watch themselves, they are so obsessed in thinking that their reputation depends on them being totally water tight on data (which they will happily abuse themselves for profit) they are losing sight of the fact that their businesses will be far more harmed when people turn on them for enabling some of the things they allow to go on. 

3 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

The arrival of the floppy disc (when they really were floppy) was a miracle. 

Instant Elite. 

Â