Villa Kit 2018-19

a m ole

2 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

We have a very different understanding of what “traditional” means.

As it’s the first non-traditional shirt since 2001/02, I guess it is the modernisers’ turn.

Personally, blue sleeves is a must for me, but aesthetically the new kit does work as it is, so that’s something.?

You have a point about the sleeves.

The blue on the sleeves and the neck with the claret stripe, and the socks, just made me think of strips from way back.

5 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Pre%20Order%20Story%20Graphic%2002.ashx?

I think these look excellent. Not sure I like having two different lion motifs on the front, but otherwise pretty cool - especially as it's a throw back to the first Villa kit I ever owned ?

11 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Is it just me but does the club badge look like one of those rubberised monstrosities

It is rubber.

"New for this season, the badge has been rubberised as opposed to woven, giving it a more defined, polished look and appearance."

LU3ZHyw.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Is the lion rubber too? :puke:

Which lion? The club crest is rubber, like you see on rugby jerseys. I assume the Luke logo is woven. 

Edited by villa89

We have had worse. We have had better. I am more concerned about who will be wearing them.

I thought they were going to be dreadful to be honest but I quite like them both. 7/10. 

Not keen on the Luke logo though and I have seen better kit designs from people on here.

Luke1977 claims to be a villa fan and takes away the blue arms!  The homekit also reminds me of the NTL thing worn during the JPA and Ginola Days.

They look cheap and for another reference from 80s Kits, like the Henson kit.  They look like the cheap Generic Football tops you would buy in bulk for a boys or pub team.

As others said seen far superior designs here on VillaTalk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Luke logo that needs to change. What the hell is that thing! 

It's a weird looking lion with a crown on it's head, a massive tongue sticking out of it's mouth and it's looking back over it's shoulder (presumably at a cauliflower or some other extremely interesting vegetable).  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â