Steve Agnew

Demitri_C

On 24/12/2017 at 07:28, Eastie said:

Hopefully Agnew will be sacked in a week and the other goons will be gone too - god forbid we get this clown in as caretaker , was a disaster at boro in the role and another old pals act in bringing him here 

Impossible to say whether this sudden uptick in form is related to the appointment, but no harm in giving him the benefit of the doubt eh?

• Like 2

That we played a line up/formation that most people on here and other social media forums have been crying out for means it's hard not to wonder that he had some positive input. The biggest criticism of Bruce for me has not been playing the available people in their best role, dropping Whelan etc. when it seems the most obvious path to success. Brighton had quick turnaround also so I'm not getting carried away just yet

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GrassyNoel said:

Seriously wish we didn’t have the FA Cup game distraction. I’m itching to see if this is SA’s influence and, if so, continue it in the league. Amazing stuff tonight, regardless. 

I'm of the exact opposite opinion. It will allow Bruce to rest one or two of the lads whilst hopefully giving the likes of RHM, Hogan and O'hare a/another chance to get some minutes under their belts. 

I think it comes at a perfect time. 

1 hour ago, av1 said:

I'm of the exact opposite opinion. It will allow Bruce to rest one or two of the lads whilst hopefully giving the likes of RHM, Hogan and O'hare a/another chance to get some minutes under their belts. 

I think it comes at a perfect time. 

Exactly. Start some of the young lads. Keeps them hungry and gives the senior lads playing week in week out a chance to get some good training and recovery in before the forest game.

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

That we played a line up/formation that most people on here and other social media forums have been crying out for means it's hard not to wonder that he had some positive input. The biggest criticism of Bruce for me has not been playing the available people in their best role, dropping Whelan etc. when it seems the most obvious path to success. Brighton had quick turnaround also so I'm not getting carried away just yet

I’d love you to show us the post/tweets etc.where people cried out for the precise line-up and formation we played yesterday!

• Like 2

Just now, briny_ear said:

I’d love you to show us the post/tweets etc.where people cried out for the precise line-up and formation we played yesterday!

Was basically the same lineup we've been playing for months, just with a few different personnel (Jedinak in for Whelan, Grealish starting, Hogan for Davis)

I think it's way too early to attribute a good performance to Agnew. I know the temptation by  many on here is to remove any credit from Bruce. So attributing the performance to Agnew is a good way of doing that.

But I doubt one coach being hired could have such a big impact.

Would be funny if it's true though, given those completely writing off this appointment based on nothing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Was basically the same lineup we've been playing for months, just with a few different personnel (Jedinak in for Whelan, Grealish starting, Hogan for Davis)

(a) I think it's way too early to attribute a good performance to Agnew. I know the temptation by  many on here is to remove any credit from Bruce. So attributing the performance to Agnew is a good way of doing that.

But I doubt one coach being hired could have such a big impact.

(b )Would be funny if it's true though, given those completely writing off this appointment based on nothing.

Agree with both (a) & (b ). Agnew seems to have gone from useless Steve Bruce crony to the man who listened to the Villa fans, wrested the reins from Bruce and finally gave us the football we crave, in record time!

• Like 1

I've no idea of what he's bringing, and there is little chance he's already managed to transform the team.

Doubt anyone actually think he come in and taken complete control of everything and everyone and that us winning a few games is all down to him :D

Our backroom team did need reinforcements thou IMO

Something certainly needed to be done about the coaching, and the last couple of games have shown a massive improvement, so let's give the guy a chance and hope the improved form continues.

Bruce is going nowhere; league position suddenly looks much better;  this could be our best chance of going up, as we have definitely faltered recently.

We just need to try to maintain this new attacking philosophy, as I think we can beat most teams in this division playing this way. 

Â