The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

26 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

They won't nuke their own country.

Nerve agents on visiting people of importance or players of other teams?

Hooliganism and racism?

Heavy-handed policing?

4 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Russia still having the WC this year after everything they have been doing is a total joke.

It simply isn't safe.

But they paid a lot of money for it!!

or was that Qatar? or both?

Where is safe?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, blandy said:

But they paid a lot of money for it!!

or was that Qatar? or both?

Where is safe?

As did Brazil.

South Africa got it through corruption and the promise of African nations voting for Blatter.

And so on, and so on.

In this aspect the game has been gone for ages.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

USA are being linked with a future World Cup too, is that really that much better

Will be great for traveling fans who will not be allowed into the country.

They should make it a public vote. 

Maybe come up with a shortlist of 5 or so options and let people vote on where they want it to be held, you'd have to build in some kind of preventative measure to stop people voting for their own country which I appreciate may be nigh on impossible. 

This derby today...

Always depresses me, kiddy is 15m from brum, surrounded by football teams and yet full of "die hard" utd and liverpool fans, horrible to see 2 blokes from here arguing on facebook about the game, i just cant buy in to it

The only silver lining is i get to keep telling blue noses that 15m from brum and theyre the 6th most supported team here 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

This derby today...

Always depresses me, kiddy is 15m from brum, surrounded by football teams and yet full of "die hard" utd and liverpool fans, horrible to see 2 blokes from here arguing on facebook about the game, i just cant buy in to it

Like that anywhere though. Even in Sutton Coldfield you see young kids in Man City and Chelsea shirts nowadays (not a huge amount but a few). 

Man Utd and Liverpool have always drawn huge support, especially from minority fans, nationwide. 

Edited by Xela

On 09/03/2018 at 15:18, bannedfromHandV said:

They should make it a public vote. 

Maybe come up with a shortlist of 5 or so options and let people vote on where they want it to be held, you'd have to build in some kind of preventative measure to stop people voting for their own country which I appreciate may be nigh on impossible. 

We live in a world where the British public voted to destroy our economy because bloody Muslims and the American public voted in an idiot to run their country because bloody emails. I've got zero faith in your idea. :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mentioning stats, I remember watching the MLS final a few years ago, and like all American sports coverage it was absolutely stats obsessed. You'd have the corner of the screen flashing up some random stat every couple of minutes. My favourite by far though, was one stat I don't think I've ever seen in any football coverage ever. It was a stat on what I think was the 'star player'of one of the teams. The number of 'game changing goals' he'd scored - match winners and levelers.

11 hours ago, Chindie said:

Mentioning stats, I remember watching the MLS final a few years ago, and like all American sports coverage it was absolutely stats obsessed. You'd have the corner of the screen flashing up some random stat every couple of minutes. My favourite by far though, was one stat I don't think I've ever seen in any football coverage ever. It was a stat on what I think was the 'star player'of one of the teams. The number of 'game changing goals' he'd scored - match winners and levelers.

Actually a decent stat in fairness compared to other meaningless ones. Would be good compare the importance of goals from a player

• Like 1

On 3/11/2018 at 11:01, Tomaszk said:

Can't stand football fans being so stats obsessed now. It's crept into coverage more and more the last three seasons.

I actually like more stats being involved - they explain much more of the game...

...that being said, I absolutely hate the "expected goals in a game" stat that is shown on MOTD after each game.  I mean.... what?

On 3/9/2018 at 14:54, VILLAMARV said:

The World Cup was held in Argentina in '78 in the wake of a military coup. Politics has never really bothered them.

Yes. Johan Cruyff refused to go as a result, although it has been suggested that his wife banned him from going due to his penchant for hot tubs during the 74 world cup!

• Like 1

Â