The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Phil Neville being awarded the job coaching England Ladies for basically no good reason whatsoever surely belongs in this thread. Suck it up, women!

didnt know where to post it but its farcical. just like his buddy with Wales, I am sure better qualified people were rejected because of the name

Just now, Zatman said:

didnt know where to post it but its farcical. just like his buddy with Wales, I am sure better qualified people were rejected because of the name

I considered putting it in 'The Manager Thread', but decided against it, as it's off-topic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

But it’s not like Mark Sampson had an extremely glittering and stand out CV when he got the job. What qualifications and football/coaching background would you expect someone to have to be manager of England’s Women!? 

I doubt Neville will keep the position anyway now after what people have discovered on his Twitter account. 

2 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

What qualifications and football/coaching background would you expect someone to have to be manager of England’s Women!? 

Are you saying you don't need any coaching background to manage a women's team? How is it any different to managing a men's team?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

But it’s not like Mark Sampson had an extremely glittering and stand out CV when he got the job. What qualifications and football/coaching background would you expect someone to have to be manager of England’s Women!? . 

Well he had managed before plus coached at a number of clubs at youth level

Neville on other hand has 1 salford city game and a failed assistant manager job at Valencia on his CV

8 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

What qualifications and football/coaching background would you expect someone to have to be manager of England’s Women!? 

same as any other role?

if the answer is none then i would at least expect them to come from the womens game

to have a pretty piss poor coaching background and to have never been involved in the womens game at any level and to get the top job shows what the FA think of it, finished 3rd at the last world cup, on the up...its a massive gamble

Edited by villa4europe

My interest in the Premier League has plummeted with Villa in the C'ship. It just leaves me feeling sort of cold. The passion and drama week in and week out just isn't there anymore, IMO. Subplots are not interesting anymore. The players are less interesting. With the exception of Leicester, it's always the same boring teams at the top. The CL is boring now too.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, MrDuck said:

Are you saying you don't need any coaching background to manage a women's team? How is it any different to managing a men's team?

No, how did you get to that conclusion!? And has Phil Neville got no coaching background then? 

He’s worked with the England Under 21s, he’s coached at United (under Moyes), and spent time as a coach at Valencia. 

Surely this background is enough to make him a reasonable candidate for the Women’s team. 

1 minute ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

No, how did you get to that conclusion!? And has Phil Neville got no coaching background then? 

He’s worked with the England Under 21s, he’s coached at United (under Moyes), and spent time as a coach at Valencia. 

Surely this background is enough to make him a reasonable candidate for the Women’s team. 

He has no experience as a manager or in womens football. If he had either then he be a candidate but he got the job on his name alone. Just like Giggs at Wales and his brother at Valencia

40 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

No, how did you get to that conclusion!?

Sorry man, just how I read it - don't think I was the only one to to take it that way either!

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

My interest in the Premier League has plummeted with Villa in the C'ship. It just leaves me feeling sort of cold. The passion and drama week in and week out just isn't there anymore, IMO. Subplots are not interesting anymore. The players are less interesting. With the exception of Leicester, it's always the same boring teams at the top. The CL is boring now too.

With you all the way. PL is a waste of time now. 6 clubs competing for 4 spots, and 14 other clubs trying to avoid relegation. Total yawn-fest. I've actually found it far more enjoyable following Villa in the Championship, at least there is some competition. Best thing for English football now would probably be for the top clubs to piss off to a nice European league.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Shaqiri for me sums up football. Couldnt be arsed for Hughes now turns on style when he is sacked

Disgusting

Obviously being inspired by Lambert. 

• 2 weeks later...
Â