The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

European Super League. I am all for it as I think German football be better without Bayern, France without PSG and England without Sky 5 or how many they have now.

I also think no way a league with no relegation will really take off in Europe and I dont think fans will be too well funded or enthused to travel away games on a Monday night in Rome or Valencia for example

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

European Super League. I am all for it as I think German football be better without Bayern, France without PSG and England without Sky 5 or how many they have now.

I also think no way a league with no relegation will really take off in Europe and I dont think fans will be too well funded or enthused to travel away games on a Monday night in Rome or Valencia for example

I think it was the Guardian Football podcast which said that they are trying to move these European games to Saturday night and have the league games moved to midweek. Essentially the reverse of what currently happens with the Champions League.

Nothing to see here.

REPORTS: JORGE MENDES PAID ‘AT LEAST €7.25M’ AS PART OF KYLIAN MBAPPE PSG TRANSFER DESPITE NOT REPRESENTING PLAYER IN ANY CAPACITY

As you’re no doubt aware, German newspaper Der Spiegel are currently in the midst of publishing a slew of leaks that have exposed some of the iffy dealings that permeate football at the elite, corporate end.

It’s nothing we didn’t already expect was going on, but the emails and documents being laid bare have revealed the true extent that the mega-rich clubs of the world are willing to go to preserve their own business interests – just ask Man City.

Today’s Der Spiegel leak pertains to Kylian Mbappe and specifically the nauseating amounts of money involved in the teenage striker’s bloated transfer between Monaco and PSG in 2017.

In an article entitled ‘It’s Raining Money for the Wunderkind‘, many of the clauses and bargaining points in

First of all, it is claimed that Mbappe and his representatives initially asked Monaco to raise the value of his contract by 16 times the salary he had negotiated with the club just 15 months previous.

Monaco inevitably balked and decided to sell their young asset there and then.

Real Madrid were interested (and even had a €214million deal tentatively agreed) but Mbappe wanted to return to his home city of Paris, leaving PSG as the only viable option.

As we know, PSG had just spluffed a mountain of money on Neymar, so a one-year-loan-with-obligation-to-buy deal for Mbappe was struck to help circumvent any potential FFP issues.

Negotiations over personal terms were conducted by Mbappe’s father, Wilfrid, who eventually reached an agreement with PSG sporting director Antero Henrique over a contract: a total of €55million split over five years, beginning with €7million in the first year and gradually climbing to €12million by the last.

However, Der Spiegel (via Football Leaks) also claim to have details of the various additional ‘sundry’ clauses that were discussed; some agreed upon, some rejected.

The first, which was rejected, was a vast pay hike triggered by Mbappe winning a Ballon d’Or that would automatically make him the highest paid player at the club.

Another of the rejected stipulations was that the player would have complimentary access to a luxury private jet for 50 hours per year.

Oddly, Mbappe’s family reportedly also asked for financial compensation should PSG get banned from the Champions League over FFP breaches.

Of the clauses that were accepted, it would appear Mbappe receives an extra bursary of €30,000 per month to pay for three “personal employees” and to cover his rent.

Perhaps most baffling of all is the assertion that super agent Jorge Mendes made “at least €7.25million” from Mbappe’s move to PSG despite not representing the player in any capacity.

It’s claimed that Monaco’s chief lawyer, Daniel Bique, added Mendes’ name to the transfer documentation to help drive up Mbappe’s price tag.

For the record, neither Mendes, Monaco, PSG nor Mbappe has commented on any of the allegations.

Of course, as always with these things, the only tangible upshot is that it’s good to be Jorge Mendes, whenever, wherever.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/transfer_talk/279564/reports-jorge-mendes-paid-at-least-e7-25m-as-part-of-kylian-mbappe-psg-transfer-despite-not-being-players-agent.html

So Neymar is being paid and extra £4.5 m / season by PSG for waiving to fans before and after games and to show up on time.

Because these are not things one can be expected to do for free.

An all around nice club and nice player with nice people around him.

The world's most expensive most expensive football player was in fact a further 30 million euros more expensive when he got from Barcelona to Paris Saint-Germain last summer. It may reveal Football Leaks.

The German magazine Der Spiegel has received over 70 million documents related to international top football. They are shared with 14 partners in the European Investigative Collaborations (EIC) network, among them VG. French Media has reviewed Neymar's transition.

Among other things, it appears that Neymar and the other PSG players have an ethical part of the contract, linked to various requirements and assignments, such as behavior, punctuality, adherence to tax rules, support for supporters, etc.

Neymar's annual salary is NOK 285 million tax-free. 42.5 million of these mean "good behavior", including greeting the fans before and after the matches.

This is true of all players, even though most get a much lower amount than Neymar. It became known in the TV documentary Envoyé Special at France 2 yesterday, and the "greetings" have raised reactions among supporters who feel it removes the glory of the contact they have with their great heroes.

It was 3 August 2017 it became known that PSG had picked up the Brazilian superstar from Barcelona.

Even a football world that already operated with crazy transition numbers was in shock. The purchase clause was 222 million euros, 2.12 billion euros. Most viewed it as a deterrent event, more than twice the previous record.

Qatar Sports Investment, however, does not scare it, and now it shows that it did not stop at 222 million euros. Neymar has two agents, Israeli veteran Pini Zahavi and father Neymar senior. Both received 10.7 million euros of PSG, around 100 million dollars each, while his mother club Santos received 8.6 million euros.

• Zahavis's share is paid in fairly equal rates over five years, and this expense means that Neymar is in the club. It's a kind of reward for Zahavi to manage to convince Neymar not to leave PSG.
  • Neymar senior receives the money as a reward for convincing his son to go to PSG. The father strongly insisted that six million euros be paid already in January 2018 and the next three in 2019. So if Neymar was to leave Paris next summer, Neymar senior has already secured almost the entire bonus.
  • VG has seen the documentation that Santos sent an email to PSG August 9, 2017, six days after the transition was completed, and noted Article 21 of the FIFA Rules, about money for the parent club. September 18th came the bill, "in connection with Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior (" Neymar Jr. ") transition from FC Barcelona to Paris Saint-Germain Football Club." The requirement was EUR 8,599,018.82, just over NOK 80 million.

In total, PSG had to spend 252 million euros to secure Neymar after a transition hunt named "Gold". After the exchange rate on the changeover day, it is 2.36 billion Norwegian kroner.

By comparison, it is mentioned that when Paul Pogba was sold from Juventus to Manchester United for a few billion in the summer of 2016, $ 256 million came from the sum of Agent Mino Raiola's Topscore Sports. The agenthonorar was counted as part of the transitional amount.

PSG first offered Neymar an annual salary of 25 million euros, but he got what he asked for: 30 million euros, 285 million dollars, and the clou is mostly tax-free.

The club takes care of the tax, which means an annual total expenditure of 54.7 million euros, writes Mediapart. It is NOK 520 million a year, approximately the same as the annual budget of the current French table tour Montpellier.

4.5 million euros, of the salary of 30, are linked to "ethical bonuses", which means, among other things, that tax rules are required. The special thing is that Neymar, convicted of tax evasion in Brazil, requested that the tax formulation be removed. It denied PSG.

Including wages, Neymar will cost PSG 528 million euros over five years, almost exactly five billion, one billion a year.

It caused problems that Neymar had a sign-on bonus of $ 610 million when he extended with Barcelona in 2016. 190 of them were paid right away, while the remaining 420 were due for summer 2017, but Barcelona denied it rumors that he should go away. On August 1, 2017, Neymar sent a letter to the Barcelona manager, announcing that the club had 24 hours to pay the remaining amount.

Barcelona instead placed the money with a legal officer and the conflict is still ongoing. The Spanish big club has received a counterclaim of around NOK 700 million

Neymar has a sponsorship contract with around 30 different companies, such as Nike, Red Bull, Gillette and his agreement with Police sunglasses giving him nearly nine million dollars a year, shows Football Leaks documents.

In 2016, he received 8.5 million of Sabritas (potato chips) for the Mexican market, and in 2014, Toyota paid him $ 5.2 million for four hours of film in Barcelona, in an advertising campaign that could only be used in Thailand. Toyota also offered him one of his top models in Barcelona, as well as a Hilux pickup in Brazil.

Neymar also has the full right to promote sponsors who compete with those clubs.

Nasser Al-Khelaifi demanded that the arrival of the brass should be properly marked. He did of course like he wanted, the Eiffel Tower lit in PSG colors and the inscription "Bienvenue Neymar Jr.", welcome Neymar. The Football Leaks documents show that the two-day welcome party cost 550,000 euros, over five million.

"The transition may look expensive today. But ask me in two years. Then I'm sure the price of Neymar has doubled, "said President Al-Khelaifi.

This hardly feels after a year and many problems with Neymar. Financial Fair Play also makes PSG need money, higher revenue, to prove the huge investments. Kylian Mbappé was also collected for 1.7 billion. One of the measures was to try and get the big sponsors to pay more.

For example, the Nike deal is worth less than 200 million a year, a deal that lasts until 2022. By comparison, Nike will pay Chelsea over 600 million a year, and Barcelona's full 1.4 billion. The value of Emirates costume sponsorship is also no more than NOK 200 million annually. President Al-Khelaifi wanted 850 million, but the talks have collapsed, and Emirates has thanked no-one for extending the contract that will expire next summer.

This fall, PSG is not even sure to advance from the Champions League team game. In that case, hundreds of millions of dollars will rise. With two matches left, Paris Saint Germain is number three, one point behind Naples and Liverpool.

https://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/i/ddegLj/neymar-kostet-236-mrd-faar-42-mill-i-aaret-for-god-oppfoersel

The PSG bubble just has to burst at some point, at least with Citeh, Barca, Madrid etc they can feign sustainability due to the brand of their respective leagues but everyone knows the French league is a joke in comparison and cannot possibly be generating the same kind of revenues. 

The British press are being surprisingly quiet on all this, assume they're too scared of losing their privileges with said 'big clubs'. 

And here I was thinking the biggest bone of contention would be the new head of the Premier League being someone whose current role is as the brains behind TV hit channel Animal Planet...What a **** farce. 

apparently with bonuses the bloke earns £2.5m a year anyway, talk about **** greed, not suggesting its linked to anything dodgy rather them just not living in the real world but it was suggested by a chelsea guy who became pally with him in 2003...i bet he did!

also them replacing him with a TV executive tells me everything about where they are heading, the billions they already get obviously isnt enough

It was Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck's idea apparently, drop in the ocean for them but not sure Huddersfield or Fulham etc would be so amenable. 

If they want to do something like this then fine, but rather than further line the pockets of an already very rich old man, why not make a charitable donation in his name? 

Oh, and the new PL CEO does have some sporting background allegedly, she controlled Eurosport for a period by all accounts, though not sure how relevant that is to the PL. 

I hope she was the best candidate genuinely and not just a token due to different genetalia. 

Â