The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Chelsea won the quarter final of the U19's Champions League thing tonight, beating real Madrid 4-2.

Chelseas U19 team didn't feature a single English player, either in the starting eleven or on the bench.

That's pretty incredible.

Although the Man City team that won heavily at Watford didnt feature any British players either.

I dont think the English/British club therefore English/British players exists anymore.

The only English thing about the top english clubs is that they're based in english cities and generally have fans from that city.

Players, managers, owners are from other countries.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2018 at 15:01, A'Villan said:

Although I would suggest the wages of professional players in comparison to the general public is of a higher criminal order.

I never understand this point of view. Football players get paid lots of money because the industry they work in generates lots of money. It's just capitalism, I don't understand why people give out about it. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Chelsea won the quarter final of the U19's Champions League thing tonight, beating real Madrid 4-2.

Chelseas U19 team didn't feature a single English player, either in the starting eleven or on the bench.

The future is bright for English football! It's the sort of situation I used to have on football manager, hoover up all the talent across world football as 15-16 year olds, watch them grow, not an English player in sight. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

5 hours ago, villa89 said:

I never understand this point of view. Football players get paid lots of money because the industry they work in generates lots of money. It's just capitalism, I don't understand why people give out about it. 

I understand it''s capitalism. I don't think it's a very good system. Capitalism and democracy are not synonymous.

" Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws "

On 12/03/2018 at 13:36, bobzy said:

I actually like more stats being involved - they explain much more of the game...

...that being said, I absolutely hate the "expected goals in a game" stat that is shown on MOTD after each game.  I mean.... what?

Expected goals is based on whether chances should have been converted, in light of statistical analysis of a huge number of opportunities in similar circumstances in the past.  So it does apply after the game to give some kind of indication of how lucky a team/player might have been, whether the result would typically be different based on the chances in the game, etc.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: UEFA CONFIRM TWO FINALIST CLUBS WILL RECEIVE JUST 17,000 TICKETS FOR STADIUM WITH 63,000 CAPACITY

After putting them on sale today, UEFA have confirmed the two 2018 Champions League finalists will receive a grand total of just 17,000 tickets each.

The Olimpiyskiy Stadium in Kiev, where the final is due to take place, seats 63,000 people which means that UEFA have set aside a mere.

As such, a further 6,700 tickets will be put on general sale for members of the public, with the remaining 22,300 tickets (roughly a third of the stadium capacity) will be allocated to “UEFA, the local organising committee and national associations” — i.e, the corporate hospitality brigade.

As per UEFA.com, final tickets will start at €70 at Category 4 level (the peasant seats up in the nosebleeds) and then jump up to €160 (Category 3), €320 (Category 2) and top out at a exorbitant €450 for Category 1 seats – which is presumably somewhere in one of the dugouts.

That said, UEFA take care to mention that delivery costs are included in all ticket pricing bands.

Finally, a victory for the little man.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/champions_league/269895/champions-league-uefa-confirm-two-finalist-clubs-will-receive-just-17000-tickets-each-for-stadium-with-63000-capacity.html

Edited by sne

11 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Apparently Neymar has told PSG that he'd like a pay rise if they'd like the pleasure of his services for a second season.

Where's Andoni Goikoetxea when you need him?

I don't feel sorry for them. They embody everything that's wrong with football, he is (probably) one of the best players in the world, you can't expect someone like him to be there for the football, it's a league with a shit standard and PSG and proved time and again that they can't cut it in the Champions League. He has a unique bargaining position and you can't really blame him for exploiting it.

7 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I don't feel sorry for them. They embody everything that's wrong with football, he is (probably) one of the best players in the world, you can't expect someone like him to be there for the football, it's a league with a shit standard and PSG and proved time and again that they can't cut it in the Champions League. He has a unique bargaining position and you can't really blame him for exploiting it.

I don't blame him for exploiting it. I think he's exploited it already, to ask for more just shows a complete lack of class. An expensive footballer, but a cheap human being.

• Like 1

On 25/03/2018 at 02:45, Dr_Pangloss said:

How the **** is Tim Cahill still playing international football?

Have you seen the other options the Australia team - sorry, the Caltex Socceroos - have at their disposal? Still their best chance of a goal!

Â