The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

5 hours ago, sne said:

Might as well make it SKY-6 + Newcastle against the rest of us plebs. Play it 4 quarters with extra commercial breaks and a skills competition ahead of the game and Bruno Mars featuring Cardi B shooting ping-pong balls out of her t***  at HT.

This is legit a better suggestion than the actual one. 

• Haha 1

Boehly has been on the scene for 5 weeks. Needs to STFU and earn his place in the conversation by absorbing the culture quietly over time. 

His arrogance is concerning because he will use his power to pursue all kinds of tacky things. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

What even would an all-star weekend in the PL look like? A tactics-off? Maybe a beep test contest? 

Pulis and Allardyce comparing how far the defenders can kick it away and then winner challenges Bruce to a kebab kick off

10 hours ago, Keyblade said:

What even would an all-star weekend in the PL look like? A tactics-off? Maybe a beep test contest? 

said before imagine like FIFA game pre game mini games or taking stuff like soccer am do for you know the drill

its the best bit of the pro bowl, hard to post videos because the NFL owns them all

it humanises the players, loads of content and interviews, fun competitions, they play dodgeball for example, loads of fan interaction and open sessions, basically just a week of the superstar players enjoying their sport and its very casual and fun to watch

but the game is then **** terrible

• Like 3

Love the NFL but their set ups and methods should be kept for the States............certainly not for the Premier League.

Agree about the pro bowl, it is more about an end of season show rather than a decent game which is understandable as no one wants to get badly hurt and the playbook has to be limited as the players obviously haven't played together all season in the main.

17 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's not really though is it? If someone other than an american had suggested it I'm not sure it would have been labelled as an americanism.

Super cups and charity shields and exhibition games have been happening for ages. I remember watching a europe vs rest of the world game when I was younger with current players and it was **** brilliant.

mqdefault.jpg

That's all this would be (I would hope). One player from each team plus a few extra to make up the numbers. I think it would be quite cool

But again I'd only want it to be for chairty. If it's just a money spinner then meh

Well I think when an American says that the PL could take inspiration from American football and look to set up an ‘All Star’ game it kinda smacks of Americanism.

I don’t think you get more American than an ‘all star’ game.

51 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Well I think when an American says that the PL could take inspiration from American football and look to set up an ‘All Star’ game it kinda smacks of Americanism.

I mean that was entirely my point. 

If Graham Potter had suggested a similar exhibition game I don't think people would have jumped on it being an american idea. But because an american has everyone is saying "errrr it's american! NO WAY!"

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

What about invading countries for corporate profits and destabilising non favourable governments around the world?

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I mean that was entirely my point. 

If Graham Potter had suggested a similar exhibition game I don't think people would have jumped on it being an american idea. But because an american has everyone is saying "errrr it's american! NO WAY!"

But Graham Potter wouldn’t suggest it, that’s the point.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, a-k said:

BBC already getting in on the action

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62899015

which straight away shows why it would be a shit idea poorly implemented

pick the best CB in the northern half of the league from the 22 that we give you to pick from, pick a striker from the north cristiano ronaldo is choice number 1 and then it goes alphabetical for everyone else

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mic09 said:

What about invading countries for corporate profits and destabilising non favourable governments around the world?

Is that Todd Boehly's next idea? Man needs to chill...

• Haha 1

Â