Pre-Match Thread

Raver50032

So come on then all you experts... Let's have it... What's going to happen on Saturday with this game?

With November off to a cracking start, will Bruce's boys send us off to our bonfire parties with a smile on our faces? I hope so, for his sake.

I'll open the bidding that Hutton will be retained in the starting 11. Probably an unchanged side across the bat.

God I hope w eget back crowd for this one, we really need the fans for this one befor international break. Its a massive game as we can close the gap on either Cardiff and Bristol city or even both if they drew and we win. 

9 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Same line up as Preston - whoever is the fittest out of Kodjia and Onomah to play off Davis.

Whichever one of them it is, give them an hour before bringing on Hogan - and give him a chance to play off Davis!!

Agreed - 3-1 home win ;)

Same starting line up.  Add Kodjia (if fit), O'hare and Grealish to the bench in place of Samba, Hogan and Thor.  Gives us a lot more options to attack later on if needed, but still enough to shore things up defensively.

Another 2-0 win and up to 4th please.  Cardiff - Bristol draw and hopefully at least one of Wolves and Sheff Utd have a stumble.  Ideally Derby too.

• Like 1

Just looked at their fixtures and results.. They're a funny team - they can raise their game and beat decent opponents away from home (Fulham), but they can lose against "poor" teams (Blues/Bolton) and they just seem to be really inconsistent.  

Got hammered in late Sept against Sheffield United 4-2 at home and seem to have had a bad October barring a scrappy win over 10 man Millwall their last result.  

I'd assume that we will have chances against them.  They can score goals, but last month they only scored 6 in 5 games, with 3 of those coming against Leeds and have only scored 3 in their last 4 games. 

If we want to go up, we have to beat them, it's as simple as that - they look like the epitome of Championship, mid-table fodder. 

I'd like to beat them in a comfortable 3-1 victory! :)  

• Like 2

Did Onomah pick up a knock?

If he did, then I'd put O'Hare in for him; if not, I'd leave it unchanged.

I think inevitably Taylor will come back in at left back, but with Hutton playing so well it'd be wrong to drop him right now. It's unbelievable that the only position on the park where we have no competition for the position is the position that's benefitting most from the player in the shirt being under pressure to perform because of the one left out.

Grealish in place of Onomah - if JK not fit either Davis on his own (at home?) or Hogan / Davis (which I personally would like to see)

O'Hare to come on when we are 4-0 up (H/T probably) 

Theyve4 only scored 4 goals away from home FFS - but Rhodes has just bagged his first for the season (I think), so.....

This is our 3rd game is 6 days and the 2nd in a row where the opposition have had the luxury of an extra days rest. A win here would be a phenomenal result all things considered, and really set us up for the long winter that starts after the international break.

I'd like to see Davis start whether Kodjia is fit or not as he seems to suit our style of play a lot better. It will be interesting to see if Hutton carries on at left back too, after his Roberto Carlos impression on Wednesday night. Especially as Taylor is available.

Tough game this one. 1-1

I'd like to see a bit of rotation, but as it's the international break after this I think we'll see an unchanged side.

Lansbury, O'Hare and Grealish could make the bench though and I'd like to see the latter two get some minutes.

Kodjia's still out I assume?