Raver50032

If there are injury fears for Kodija, Snodgrass and Onomah

I'd play

Johnstone

Elmohamady---Chester---Terry---Taylor

Whelan---Hutton---Hourihane

Adomah

Davis---Hogan

With Grealish, Jedinak and O'Hare ready to get some game time off the bench.

I know, I know, but I just can't not (Double negative...just like some of VT's posters lol bantz) start Hutton. Most of the good stuff he does is in the centre of the park anyway (Whether that's because of poor positioning not is up for debate just about) and I think he would do a good job there. Be tenacious, break up play and, similar to his marauding runs against Preston, played there we could see a touch of the Reo-Cokers about him (Although hopefully he'll lay it off to someone or even see it sale in to the top corner, I'm desperate for him to get a goal, it'll make a kid who sits by me's season) Plus, played there, he'll have less risk staying up for corners and free kicks and I get the feeling he'd eat his right arm off to get his head on a ball to thrust it goalwards.

Have Adomah play with a bit of freedom behind the strikers and see him drag people out of position in hope one of the midfielders (Preferably Hourihane) getting a bit of space on the edge of the box to have a go. And I think both Hourihane and Adomah could find a bit of space to drift in to as well. Adomah would also have the option to go out wide to put some crosses in. It may even create some space for the full backs to attack down the flanks with the centre halves, Whelan and Hutton (When he's not pushing forward to get on the edge of a cross) watching their backs.

I'd like to see Hogan supported by Davis and see if he can capitalise on Davis winning the ball and laying it off to him to poke one in or Hogan going for the six yard box creating space for Davis to have a go.

I shall say 4-2 Villa :flag: but their goals both come in the last ten minutes with Bannan getting the second and doing that 'tussle with the keeper, picking the ball out of the net, running it back to the halfway line, placing it on the spot, the comeback is on' thing to no avail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Today is a golden opportunity to close the gap on the top 2 or climb another place in the league. 

Bristol City play Cardiff in the early game, and Sheffield United have a tough game at home to Hull where they could drop points. 

Win today and we’re right in there. Frustrating that the international break is here again. Also frustrating we have concerns over Snodgrass, Onomah and Kodjia. I can see him risking Snodgrass with his rib, but the other 2 shouldn’t be risked if they’re not ready. 

Davis starting is a no brainer, but does he go with Hogan up there with him, or someone like Grealish or O’Hare off him. The back 4 stays the same for me. Hutton is rejuvenated... for now. 

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Imagine we had 40k for this one.  Next game im going is ipswich.  Am gutted ti be missing this

The online site saying roughly 33k sold. Not sure how many people walk up and buy tickets these days. 

Feeling confident of a win today. A draw wouldn't be the end of the world providing we turn up at QPR. 

I’d stick to the same side that won on Wednesday, depending on any fresh injuries. I think Kodija needs to earn a starting bearth  again, there seems to be so much more of a dynamic up front with Keinan being catalyst to that (code for Kodija is too greedy? Perhaps :ph34r:) Seems a shame to displace Hutton also, who’s been decent a left back IMO. I’m going to go 3-1 Villa, Adomah to get a brace.

Absolutely buzzing for this one, hoping to keep the good run going, see some goals, see some happy faces, a big crowd, better atmosphere, high morale, people really getting behind the team now and seeing players just grow in stature and belief.

3-0 to Wednesday then.

• Like 1

Johnstone

Hutton Chester Terry Taylor

Elmo Whelan Hourihane Adomah

Davis   Hogan

With the injuries to Kodjia, Snodgrass & Onomah I think this will be our starting line up. Tempting to throw O'Hare or Grealish in to play behind Davis but would prefer to see Hogan given a chance at home with the option to change it up at half-time.

Think we will win this one today.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 8pints said:

If there are injury fears for Kodija, Snodgrass and Onomah

I'd play

Johnstone

Elmohamady---Chester---Terry---Taylor

Whelan---Hutton---Hourihane

Adomah

Davis---Hogan

With Grealish, Jedinak and O'Hare ready to get some game time off the bench.

I know, I know, but I just can't not (Double negative...just like some of VT's posters lol bantz) start Hutton. Most of the good stuff he does is in the centre of the park anyway (Whether that's because of poor positioning not is up for debate just about) and I think he would do a good job there. Be tenacious, break up play and, similar to his marauding runs against Preston, played there we could see a touch of the Reo-Cokers about him (Although hopefully he'll lay it off to someone or even see it sale in to the top corner, I'm desperate for him to get a goal, it'll make a kid who sits by me's season) Plus, played there, he'll have less risk staying up for corners and free kicks and I get the feeling he'd eat his right arm off to get his head on a ball to thrust it goalwards.

Have Adomah play with a bit of freedom behind the strikers and see him drag people out of position in hope one of the midfielders (Preferably Hourihane) getting a bit of space on the edge of the box to have a go. And I think both Hourihane and Adomah could find a bit of space to drift in to as well. Adomah would also have the option to go out wide to put some crosses in. It may even create some space for the full backs to attack down the flanks with the centre halves, Whelan and Hutton (When he's not pushing forward to get on the edge of a cross) watching their backs.

I'd like to see Hogan supported by Davis and see if he can capitalise on Davis winning the ball and laying it off to him to poke one in or Hogan going for the six yard box creating space for Davis to have a go.

I shall say 4-2 Villa :flag: but their goals both come in the last ten minutes with Bannan getting the second and doing that 'tussle with the keeper, picking the ball out of the net, running it back to the halfway line, placing it on the spot, the comeback is on' thing to no avail.

8P. I love you man. But I think you’ve lost your marbles here. 

Hutton in central midfield? That would be an unmitigated disaster. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

8P. I love you man. But I think you’ve lost your marbles here. 

Hutton in central midfield? That would be an unmitigated disaster. 

I once came across a lad who wanted us to play Joe Bennett up front. Yes, really.

As for this game, with Onomah, Snodgrass and Kodjia all doubts, I suppose we could shift Elmohamady forward to RW, switch Hutton back to RB, put Taylor in at LB and stick Hogan up front with Davis.

I'd obviously prefer the win, but isn't it just like us to stop teams' bad runs (Sheff Wed have apparently lost their last 3 away league games on the bounce)?

I've been slowly getting my 4 year old son interested in the Villa and he is now at the point where he regularly sings "Villa Villa" and he loves our golden roaring lion badge.

Today, I asked him how many goals he thought Villa would score today and he said "100 million". I told him it was a good guess but probably too high. I asked him to pick a number between 0 and 5 and he said "5 goals, Dad". I asked how many our opponents would score and he said "1 to them".

5-1 it is then at 66/1 so a nice little earner for us both if the lads go for it today :flag:

11 minutes ago, villarocker said:

I've been slowly getting my 4 year old son interested in the Villa and he is now at the point where he regularly sings "Villa Villa" and he loves our golden roaring lion badge.

Today, I asked him how many goals he thought Villa would score today and he said "100 million". I told him it was a good guess but probably too high. I asked him to pick a number between 0 and 5 and he said "5 goals, Dad". I asked how many our opponents would score and he said "1 to them".

5-1 it is then at 66/1 so a nice little earner for us both if the lads go for it today :flag:

He's being ridiculous. 100 million? Foolish. 85-0 is the scoreline I'm predicting.