January transfer window 2018

Jareth

20 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Colback is absolutely awful mate and has a really bad attitude as well. He is basically Newcastle's version of Gabby. Happy to pick up his £50k week at club he claims to support and treats them shockingly and has refused to be a sub a few times this season.

No thanks to that.

Sounds like the perfect signing. If we know nothing else it's that Villa like to replace our disastrous, money and morale draining signings before we get rid of the last one so I fully expect the scouting team to be well advanced in this search. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Sounds like the perfect signing. If we know nothing else it's that Villa like to replace our disastrous, money and morale draining signings before we get rid of the last one so I fully expect the scouting team to be well advanced in this search. 

As a recently qualified scout myself we are taught on Level 2 Football Talent Identification course to look at factors like  Sociological and  Psychological factor of a player and how they handle things such as social media, attitude. The likes of McCormack would never have been signed if this was applied (Due to his actions whilst at Rangers, Leeds and Fulham where his attitude stank at times and been problems throughout his career) Talent is not enough so many other factors in the modern game need to be applied and some common sense applied.

Colback has a really bad attitude and to be honest he isn't a good footballer at all. I would steer clear of likes of him but obviously Bruce has managed him before when he was a youngster at Sunderland and i doubt the Villa scouts recommended him in first place as would be Bruce's idea if he wants him and he obviously makes final decisions on players. Would be a disaster having that lad here even on loan.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

As a recently qualified scout myself we are taught on Level 2 course to look at factors like  Sociological and  Psychological factor of a player and how they handle things such as social media, attitude. The likes of McCormack would never have been signed if this was applied (Due to his actions whilst at Rangers, Leeds and Fulham where his attitude stank at times and been problems throughout his career) Talent is not enough so many other factors in the modern game need to be applied and some common sense applied.

Colback has a really bad attitude and to be honest he isn't a good footballer at all. I would steer clear of likes of him but obviously Bruce has managed him before when he was a youngster at Sunderland and i doubt the Villa scouts recommended him in first place as would be Bruce's idea if he wants him and he obviously makes final decisions on players. Would be a disaster having that lad here even on loan.

spot on.

Talent alone, never was enough even in the game of the past......as you know there are many,many factors that make a really good player and talent is just one of them, an important one of course.

Ps congratulations on your achievement.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, TRO said:

spot on.

Talent alone, never was enough even in the game of the past......as you know there are many,many factors that make a really good player and talent is just one of them, an important one of course.

Ps congratulations on your achievement.

Thanks mate. UTV

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kingman said:

Do we have any money pending from the Amavi sale? should gift us circa £6m and at least allow us to spend a bit.

I read somewhere that although we had the Amavi money and Veretout we have still reached limit on FFP and can only rely on loans this month.

2 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Colback is absolutely awful mate and has a really bad attitude as well. He is basically Newcastle's version of Gabby. Happy to pick up his £50k week at club he claims to support and treats them shockingly and has refused to be a sub a few times this season.

No thanks to that.

Be not seen much of him lately but he used to be ok. We need another DM IMO someone a lot more mobile than what’s we’ve got. 

Sounds good, agree with Bruce for once.

Boss Steve Bruce said:

"Losing Kodjia was a blow to us so we need a new striker.

"We want someone like Keinan Davis, who is big and strong and can hold the ball up, a traditional No.9.

“We’ll try to get one or two loan players if we can to try to help us, and if we can’t then the squad has proven that we’re capable.

“Of course we’d like a hand but that’s the way we are at the moment and a couple of loan players is what we can look for.”

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

I read somewhere that although we had the Amavi money and Veretout we have still reached limit on FFP and can only rely on loans this month.

I was under the impression there was no money for loans either

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Well SB had to put Barry Fry right on that.....hence Fry's apology to Dr Tone

3 minutes ago, handsworthvilla said:

What are people's thoughts on Daniel Amartey from Leicester? Decent pedigree and would potentially keep Whelan further away from the first 11 :)

For the Whelan factor alone it’s a yes 

2 hours ago, villa82 said:

Sounds good, agree with Bruce for once.

Boss Steve Bruce said:

"Losing Kodjia was a blow to us so we need a new striker.

"We want someone like Keinan Davis, who is big and strong and can hold the ball up, a traditional No.9.

“We’ll try to get one or two loan players if we can to try to help us, and if we can’t then the squad has proven that we’re capable.

“Of course we’d like a hand but that’s the way we are at the moment and a couple of loan players is what we can look for.”

That chap Gestede......

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I’ve heard Adam Clayton from ‘boro is one of the best holding midfielders in the league... that did come from a Boro fan, but I wouldn’t mind seeing him come in. Whelan isn’t great and Jedi won’t last forever. 

Edited by alreadyexists

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

I’ve heard Adam Clayton from ‘boro is one of the best holding midfielders in the league... that did come from a Boro fan, but I wouldn’t mind seeing him come in. Whelan isn’t great and Jedi won’t last forever. 

Really don't rate Clayton myself but to be fair there is a lack of decent defensive midfielders in Championship downwards.

• Like 1

We have two players for the DM, don't need a third. None of them would bee good enough for the PL. Striker is a priority. Davis, Hogan, gabby and Ross McC scored 3goals in the league in 2017, in all.

If we make one more loan (after striker) I want a winger, as cover for Adomah and Snoddgras.

• Like 1