January transfer window 2018

Jareth

11 minutes ago, villa82 said:

We have two players for the DM, don't need a third. None of them would bee good enough for the PL. Striker is a priority. Davis, Hogan, gabby and Ross McC scored 3goals in the league in 2017, in all.

If we make one more loan (after striker) I want a winger, as cover for Adomah and Snoddgras.

WE have 2 old slow DM’s we could do with a mobile one. We’ve got 4 wingers already Green + Elmo without even adding in Jack, Onomah or Thor. Striker is number 1 priority followed by a better DM. Thats also the hardest to find. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sne said:

Looks like a terrible piece of business atm.

But I imagine their finances are pretty solid and unless he's causing trouble withing the squad they are not desperate to get rid.

Probably hold out for £10-15m for domestic clubs, and a bit less for foreign bids.

Maybe a straight swap for one of our high profile strikers like Hogan or McGatemack?

Rumour has it he is on over £100k a week. Good player ruined by stupid money too young. He'll have no appetite to succeed anywhere on wages like that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa82 said:

We have two players for the DM, don't need a third. None of them would bee good enough for the PL. Striker is a priority. Davis, Hogan, gabby and Ross McC scored 3goals in the league in 2017, in all.

If we make one more loan (after striker) I want a winger, as cover for Adomah and Snoddgras.

Pity Jodi Jones (Coventry is Injured for rest of season) seen Coventry live twice this season on Scouting missions and that chap is the best winger(Player) in League 2 by a country mile! Imagine a younger Ashley Young Inverted Winger with more pace than Young (This kid is faster than Tony Daley was) and is Left Footed on Right Wing and teared every team apart and even got hat-trick on opening day of season that is the type of player Jones is!! He has only just turned 20 and Coventry only want around £1.5mil for him i have read as their owners Sisu will listen to low offers for all their players to be fair as they don't want be associated with Coventry City anymore and close to close to losing ground again to the Coventry Wasps (Rugby) Shame what is happening to that club and the whole club can be cherry picked as some really good players there :)

These are the type of players i would love Villa to sign but i doubt anyone has ever seen him play at the club. He would be a brilliant buy but alas has a really bad injury though.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Colback is absolutely awful mate and has a really bad attitude as well. He is basically Newcastle's version of Gabby. Happy to pick up his £50k week at club he claims to support and treats them shockingly and has refused to be a sub a few times this season.

No thanks to that.

The only reason for us to buy Colback is that we haven't had a real ginger one since Tommy Johnson

• Like 1

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/09/aston-villa-managersteve-bruce-hoping-take-leonardo-ulloa-daniel/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

Steve Bruce has launched a double raid on Leicester City for Leonardo Ulloa and Daniel Amartey.

Bruce, the Aston Villa manager, wants to persuade the former Premier League champions to sanction loan deals as he moves to strengthen his promotion bid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

The only reason for us to buy Colback is that we haven't had a real ginger one since Tommy Johnson

Might as well sign Ryan Woods then ;) Defensive minded midfielder (box to box) and fair better than Colback :D

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Colback is absolutely awful mate and has a really bad attitude as well. He is basically Newcastle's version of Gabby. Happy to pick up his £50k week at club he claims to support and treats them shockingly and has refused to be a sub a few times this season.

No thanks to that.

What would be your opinion of Kenny McLean?

If Amartey is going to play right midfield then fair enough, we don't have much cover there after Adomah has been proven to be a better left sided player. But if he's to play right-back then what would be the point? Elmo, Hutton, Bree, RDL...

2 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

If Amartey is going to play right midfield then fair enough, we don't have much cover there after Adomah has been proven to be a better left sided player. But if he's to play right-back then what would be the point? Elmo, Hutton, Bree, RDL...

He was signed as a DM to replace Kante but wasn't very good so ended up providing cover to Danny Simpson who himself is not exactly a brilliant RB. He is not really that good.

18 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

What would be your opinion of Kenny McLean?

Good player used to be at my club St Mirren. He is on a free in summer isn't he from Aberdeen? With Barry Douglas doing well at Forest he would be a good player for  a Championship Team. He has a wonderful left foot and easily could do business for team in Championship :)

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Just now, Villan4Life said:

Good player used to be at my club St Mirren. He is on a free in summer isn't he from Aberdeen? With Barry Douglas doing well at Forest he would be a good player for  a Championship Team

Yeah that is what I thought myself, if the club had say £500k to spend they could get him now but Rangers will probably be favourites to get him in the summer.

8 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Yeah that is what I thought myself, if the club had say £500k to spend they could get him now but Rangers will probably be favourites to get him in the summer.

That's the nature of the beast mate last summer i thought Villa please go for Neil Etheridge on free from Walsall as can be developed into good keeper he is now first choice at Cardiff and doing well and having great season, Daniel Bentley the year before (Free from Southend) who i mentioned loads of times on here before i was Pro Scout and also for Romaine Sawyers (Free from Walsall) also on here both at Brentford now  but alas no one from Villa hears about them on here lol lots of other bosman's as well and some cracking one's coming up in summer which i believe the club won't bother going for.

Some free/bosman players are cracking players as proved by Brentford!

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

That's the nature of the beast mate last summer i thought Villa please go for Neil Etheridge on free from Walsall as can be developed into good keeper he is now first choice at Cardiff and doing well and having great season, Daniel Bentley the year before (Free from Southend) who i mentioned loads of times on here before i was Pro Scout and also for Romaine Sawyers (Free from Walsall) also on here both at Brentford now  but alas no one from Villa hears about them on here lol lots of other bosman's as well and some cracking one's coming up in summer which i believe the club won't bother going for.

Some free/bosman players are cracking players as proved by Brentford!

Worth taking a chance with value players especially coming from lower leagues where they can't demand the same sort of wages. For example it was reported that we paid £3m & £40k a week on Lansbury, we could easily sign 4 similar lever players from the lower leagues, Scotland or the League of Ireland for a fraction of that and wages of less than £10k a week. Not all of them would be a success granted but it makes more sense when building a squad for(and to get out of) the Championship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Ulloa is perfect for us. 

Agreed.

As mentioned above, Bruce has said that he is looking for a big target man and will operating mainly in the loan market. So i believe the story posted above, i think its an absolute nap we are in for Ulloa. Whether or not we can get him is an entirely different matter.