January transfer window 2018

Jareth

If we're not bringing in another striker for the push than I think we have to give McCormack another chance weather some of us like it or not, just hope he's not a negative influence. 

Have a stupid question, but how/when would FFP limitations be lifted? Would we still have to worry about it if we got promoted? Still a little unclear on that. 

3 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

If we're not bringing in another striker for the push than I think we have to give McCormack another chance weather some of us like it or not, just hope he's not a negative influence. 

Have a stupid question, but how/when would FFP limitations be lifted? Would we still have to worry about it if we got promoted? Still a little unclear on that. 

If we get promoted we will be able to spend pretty decent money . 

7 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

I agree we need a striker, HOWEVER, we do have 5 on the books currently - Hogan. McCormack, Davis, RHM and Gabby and we're only playing one up top.  Can Agnew work his magic on McCormack as he has seemingly done with Hogan? 

In an ideal world you'd lose Gabby and McCormack and bring one in but will anybody take them?  If we can't do a deal on a striker, I'd like us to at least strengthen with somebody who can play anywhere across the three positions behind the striker.  Just another options for goals/creativity really. 

I really think only Hogan and Davis qualify as strikers  that we can use.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Wolves are spending like a team in the PL, cos they will be in the PL. If by some miracle they failed to get promoted they would be in a pile of dung.

We don't need  McCormack under any circumstances, I'd rather start Samba up front.

47 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Apparently Wolves cannot ADD anymore loans now therefore only perm deals so unlikley therefore if we can do a deal for loan with view of permanent we might hav e achance. i think with afobe we for sure are strong enough for the final push  

I thought the rule was there's no limit to an actual amount you can loan but there's certain provisions.

My understanding was that no more than five loan players are allowed at a time in Championship 18-man match-day squad

Teams also be prevented from borrowing more than four players a season from any one club, and no more than two over the age of 23.

Has this changed?

7 minutes ago, Kingman said:

I thought the rule was there's no limit to an actual amount you can loan but there's certain provisions.

My understanding was that no more than five loan players are allowed at a time in Championship 18-man match-day squad

Teams also be prevented from borrowing more than four players a season from any one club, and no more than two over the age of 23.

Has this changed?

You can now only have 8 loans in total (after the Watford/Udinese thing) the rest is correct though. 5 on matchday. 4 from any single club of which 2 can be over 23.

• Thanks 1

wiki says forward / winger so I assume he has a bit of pace / is direct? Sounds different to Hogan and Davis at least.

Seems like he'd be a solid option - and just realised he was very good for Sunderland on loan earlier this season