January transfer window 2018

Jareth

4 hours ago, KSV said:

Havent seen too much of him... what sort of striker is he? Hogan style poacher or can he hold up the play? quick?

He can hold play up, but I wouldn't say he is an out and out target man.

what I like is the way he plays on the shoulder of the last defender and causes confusion with his runs.....more intelligent than Gabby

I think he is a good player......stays involved in a game too, quite industrious.

Some Bournemouth 'expert' seems to think he needs to play with a big man. He won't get that here. Here

Villa are now odds on to sign the Cherries striker who has been on loan at Sunderland in the first half of the season.

Graham Nickless, a freelance reporter who writes about Bournemouth for The Sun newspaper, said he can see Grabban leaving again, as he doesn't appear to be in Eddie Howe's plans.

And he believes he could be a success at a Championship side - but he would need support.

Nickless said Grabban had largely struggled at Bournemouth, but showed promise in the Championship playing alongside a big man.

He said: "I think Grabban could make an excellent Championship striker, but he hasn't proven it at Premier League level with Bournemouth.

And he believes he could be a success at a Championship side - but he would
need support. 

Nickless said Grabban's biggest successes on the south coast were playing next to Yann Kermorgant in the second flight.

He added: "Grabban can score at Championship level but I don't think he'll do it at Bournemouth.

"One of the things that has disadvantaged him here is not playing with a big man. He needs to play off a big striker. When Kermorgant was here, holding up the ball and winning headers, he was scoring regularly.

"I think for him to succeed, he needs that next to him"

Edited by av1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

He can hold play up, but I wouldn't say he is an out and out target man.

what I like is the way he plays on the shoulder of the last defender and causes confusion with his runs.....more intelligent than Gabby

I think he is a good player......stays involved in a game too, quite industrious.

Jokes aside, unless we were signing a cucumber I'd expect this to be a given.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

VILLA AGREE GRABBAN DEAL

Sky Sources: Aston Villa have agreed a deal with Bournemouth to take Lewis Grabban on loan for the rest of the season. 

Grabban scored 12 goals in 20 apps for Sunderland earlier this season. 

sky seem to be reliable imo

Edited by Chicken Field
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Jokes aside, unless we were signing a cucumber I'd expect this to be a given.

thanks for pointing that out.

because the way he has extorted the money he has out of Villa......I would put him on par with the Brinks Mat gang