January transfer window 2018

Jareth

Ok, a little over 24 hours until the window shuts and a striker still wanted.  Who can Steve call from the little black book of Bruce?  Are any of these then possibles during tomorrow?  - Gayle, Ings, Solanke, Wells, Long, Afobe, Defoe, Mitrovic, Berahino,  McBurnie.  Can't think of any others at this time. 

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Sad state of English football that Man City can sign Laporte for £57m, and bid £50m for Mahrez in the same window, yet we are having to bring in 2 players (the 2nd if we're lucky) on loan so as to not get hammered because of FFP.

They must be generating a lot of income. We all hate FFP but with Wyness in charge I think it's actually saving us as a club. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

FFP is a farce helping the big clubs. This demonstration that

It’s more that it punishes clubs for being poorly run - which we have been, exceptionally. 

For all the spending, Man City made a cumulative profit of more than £30m in the most recent three years. We made a loss of more than £100m.  

The rules aren’t perfect, but I can see why they want to discourage throwing good money after bad.  

Nelly Yoa is still available...

Yoa, who “turned down” the South Sudanese national team, added: “I was very close to getting a four-year contract with a professional team and had ambitions to play for the Socceroos, the national team … my focus is now on trying to play for Australia.”