January transfer window 2018

Jareth

We should take a punt on Amadou Bakayoko,

read earlier via gregg Evans on Twitter  we looking for next Davis sort of striker that can be developed this kid ticks boxes and a potential free in summer on bosman. 22 years old and 6ft4 in times seen him this season is like benteke when first come to us.

I’m scouting Walsall vs mk dons for third Walsall match this season live  and this kid impresses me each time so raw but potential is absolutely massive. Walsall wouldn’t want a biggish fee but each game looks even more impressive 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

read earlier via gregg Evans on Twitter  we looking for next Davis sort of striker that can be developed this kid ticks boxes and a potential free in summer on bosman. 22 years old and 6ft4 in times seen him this season is like benteke when first come to us.

I’m scouting Walsall vs mk dons for third Walsall match this season live  and this kid impresses me each time so raw but potential is absolutely massive. Walsall wouldn’t want a biggish fee but each game looks even more impressive 

Scouting for which club?

i think we need an experienced striker -we have good young players of our own coming through 

Edited by Eastie

19 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Scouting for which club?

i think we need an experienced striker -we have good young players of our own coming through 

This. We don't need potential at this stage given our budget restrictions, we need a proven Championship striker who isn't playing at a PL club that can come in and help us climb one more place into the automatic promotion spots.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

He's still very raw at league one level, would offer nothing in the championship at this stage.

Edit: Only Walsall player capable of being good in the championship from their current team is Oztumer.

Edited by VillaChris

8 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Seems Jordan Rhodes unhappy at sheff weds and maybe loaned to Sunderland - could do worse .

A move to Sunderland is hardly going ti cheer him up :P

As much as i like Hogan, in games like last night when he has little support he is completely anonymous. Davis is still very raw, a new striker is a must i feel. 

Good forbid Hogan gets injured, it would be foolish to rely on a goal shy 19yr old to fire us to promotion. 

I know he will stay in the PL (and he's a nose), so I'm not suggesting we will sign him, but I'd love to see us get a right nasty b###d like Troy Deeney. 

Just now, sne said:

Jordan Rhodes. I knew there was a name missing from the biannual transfer speculation name pool.

Sign all the Jordan's and so on...

Our sign all the Jordan’s policy was lots of fun, but ultimately didn’t pan out. Bowery, Ayew, Veretout, Amavi and ... am I forgetting one? All moved on to other things now.

Jordan Benteke.

• Like 1

Just now, av1 said:

As much as i like Hogan, in games like last night when he has little support he is completely anonymous. Davis is still very raw, a new striker is a must i feel. 

Good forbid Hogan gets injured, it would be foolish to rely on a goal shy 19yr old to fire us to promotion. 

I know he will stay in the PL (and he's a nose), so I'm not suggesting we will sign him, but I'd love to see us get a right nasty b###d like Troy Deeney. 

Eugh, I hate that ogre.

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

So is Afobe now a complete non-starter? I have to say, I think we're really pushing our luck going into the next four months with two fit strikers, one of whom has played barely half a season of first-team football in his career. 

Apparently Wolves cannot ADD anymore loans now therefore only perm deals so unlikley therefore if we can do a deal for loan with view of permanent we might hav e achance. i think with afobe we for sure are strong enough for the final push  

Would love to hear us going for Solanke, Afobe or Long today on loan.  We're in a great position right now and would hate us to fall short because of an injury or lack of depth up top.  C'mon, there must be a contact in the 'black book' that we haven't spoken to yet! 

• Like 1

MUST HAVE A STRIKER. 

Has there ever been a team with the aim to get automatic promotion to have strikers at the start of February with stats of 3, 2 and 1 goals between them?! I'd be interested to see a breakdown of other teams in the past. 

To be fair, we've done excellently as a team and this is no dig at the massive impact Davis has made this season in other ways. We're all obviously hoping Hogan has clicked too.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Apparently Wolves cannot ADD anymore loans now therefore only perm deals.

Interesting. With the league all but done, they will probably just go with what they have. You would imagine that they would have their sights set a little higher than Afobe in the PL. 

I agree we need a striker, HOWEVER, we do have 5 on the books currently - Hogan. McCormack, Davis, RHM and Gabby and we're only playing one up top.  Can Agnew work his magic on McCormack as he has seemingly done with Hogan? 

In an ideal world you'd lose Gabby and McCormack and bring one in but will anybody take them?  If we can't do a deal on a striker, I'd like us to at least strengthen with somebody who can play anywhere across the three positions behind the striker.  Just another options for goals/creativity really.