January transfer window 2018

Jareth

5 minutes ago, Nigel said:

It was his decision to leave sunderland apparently 

Which shows a good level of intelligence ;)

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Mitrovic has gone to anderlecht so another one to cross off the list .

I would actually have liked us to get Mitrovic, a really nasty striker who can make space for our wings and midfield and think he could have scored a lot of goals as well...

2 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Sunderland fans' opinion on him seem to be that he's a frustrating player - in that he can be very good, but often comes across as lazy, comparisons to Darren Bent made.

could be, but he did score goals, and it would only be a short term option I imagine.

32 minutes ago, KSV said:

Havent seen too much of him... what sort of striker is he? Hogan style poacher or can he hold up the play? quick?

Bit of everything. He is decent at holding the ball up. He's not a great player by any stretch BUT he will score goals at this level and he will suit our style of play. That traditional number 9 Bruce was on about. 

He would do for me. Partly because I don't *think* he would be expecting to walk straight in but he also has pedigree at this level. A nice 'in between' option.

Do it. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Sunderland fans' opinion on him seem to be that he's a frustrating player - in that he can be very good, but often comes across as lazy, comparisons to Darren Bent made.

but..... 12 goals!. If we had had a striker score 12 goals from the start of the season we would feasibly be top of the league! (please no-one disprove this with "facts" and "logic", i'm just really trying to make a point)

• Like 1

If Bruce can grab Grabban then I’d have Villa odds on to secure second place. Such a strong and complete Championship squad that if the second automatic spot wasn’t secured then it would be a massive disappointment for everyone.

Wells would be another option who could play across the front three but he isn’t really a target man which Bruce apparently wants.

Edited by striker

Just had a quick look on a Cardiff forum. They seem to be heavily linked with a striker from Bolton called Gary Madine. 

Most agree that if Grabban has a choice between us and them he will choose us. 

7 minutes ago, striker said:

If Bruce can grab Grabban then I’d have Villa odds on to secure second place. Such a strong and complete squad that if the second automatic spot wasn’t secured then it would be a massive disappointment.

Agreed. 

Hogan and Grabban fighting for the main striker position with Davis and RHM as back up gives us great options. 

With a really strong defence and competition for places in midfield we have to be strong favourites for 2nd.